he confessed that he didn't catch up

“I only want her. Nothing else matters.”

Jiang che had never thought of investigating Shi Yan.

as he had said, he only wanted her. nothing else was important.

“Alright, then I won’t be meddlesome.”

yu xi said,”actually, when i first saw miss shi yan, i thought she was the daughter of the su family’s second miss.” If she’s the daughter of the SU family’s second miss, based on her age, it’s very likely that she has the blood of our Yu family. i was a little disappointed when i learned that her surname was shi.”

jiang che could hear the disappointment and sorrow in his tone. he paused and said, ” “miss xuan wouldn’t have hidden for so many years. if she was alone, she wouldn’t have to hide with house xuan’s protection.”

you’re right. If she was alone, she wouldn’t have to hide. She had a daughter, who should be 19 years old now. She’s a posthumous child.

this was a happy event, but using the words “posthumous child” was not necessarily a happy thing.

Yu Xi’s two talented brothers died in a car accident at the same time. After that, his mother passed away and his father was seriously ill. This was a huge blow to Yu Xi.

he was afraid that he would never be able to walk out of this pain in this life.

“what’s wrong with the child?” Jiang che asked.

having known yu xi for many years, jiang che knew yu xi very well. if it wasn’t for the fact that something had happened to this posthumous child, yu xi would have gone to pick him up as soon as he returned to the country and wouldn’t have waited until now.

“there’s a problem, but i can handle it.”

Jiang che didn’t say anything else.

as for you, why don’t you bring miss Shi Yan along for a meal? you’ll be considered one of us in the future, so you should at least meet her formally.

“Wait for me to catch up.”

“what?” Even Yu Xi, who was as calm as she was, raised her voice.

“You still haven’t caught up?”

“Right, we didn’t catch up.” Jiang che admitted it very frankly, his tone faintly tinged with pride.

yu xi,”hehe.”

she wanted to scold him for being crazy, but she didn’t dare to.

“zhenzhen, siche, is this something to be proud of?”

” you’ve been single for thirty years. it’s normal that you don’t understand. ”

Yu Xi almost lost her composure and cursed, but Jiang che hung up the phone.

yu xi’s face darkened after the call was hung up.

jiang che, who had hung up the phone, turned on the tv in a rare moment of leisure. jiang lin, who walked past the living room, could feel that he was in a good mood.

*

that afternoon, the old lady called everyone to her courtyard for lunch. she said that jiang rui and shi yan had to report to school tomorrow. jiang heng was also about to return to school, so she called them over to have lunch with her.

At the dining table, Jiang Rui was eating while looking at Jiang Cheng, who was putting food on her plate, and asked, ” “brother, why do i feel like you’ve been acting a little weird these past two days?”