master and miss

“however, i can’t tell you for the time being,” he said.

Seeing the suspicion in Shi Yan’s eyes, Jiang Cheng said,”Although I am not a good person, I will not let my own sister suffer outside. I have my own reasons for not bringing her back. don’t worry, miss shi, i won’t let anyone bully rui ‘er.”

“It’s good that young master Jiang knows what he’s doing,”

shi yan held her teacup and took a sip of tea. her posture was upright, and there seemed to be an intimidating aura exuding from her gentle and square demeanor. I rarely protect anyone. Once I decide to protect someone, no one can hurt him.

jiang cheng looked at her and his eyes narrowed slightly.

Was she warning him?

an orphan girl from the countryside?

Sure enough, Shi Yan wasn’t as simple as she seemed on the surface. She even had the capital to look down on him, the head of the Jiang family in Haicheng.

rui ‘er had been worried that she would get into trouble because of her involvement with fifth uncle. now it seemed that shi yan might not care about these troubles.

It was rare for grandmother to befriend a junior, but this befriended a powerful figure.

Although he was warned, Jiang Cheng wasn’t angry.

After so many days, he had more or less figured out Shi Yan’s personality. She didn’t even care much about her own affairs, let alone other people’s Affairs.

The fact that she was so concerned about Rui ‘er’s matter showed that she was protecting Rui’ er as a friend from the bottom of her heart. There was nothing wrong with having one more person protecting Rui ‘er.

“i’m very happy for rui ‘er to have a friend like miss shi who treats her so sincerely.”

shi yan smiled faintly. the intimidating aura she had just now seemed to be jiang cheng’s illusion.

She said, ” the tea is delicious. Thank you for your hospitality, young master Jiang. It’s getting late. I should go back.

he stood up and said, ” young master jiang, you should tell her about rui ‘er’s background as soon as possible. i’m afraid we can’t hide it for long. instead of letting her know about it from others, it’s better for you to tell her yourself. ”

a smart person would stop when there was a point.

Jiang Cheng looked at her with a complicated expression. He was a little surprised that she could tell that this matter couldn’t be hidden for long.

“Thank you for your reminder, miss Shi. I’ll find an opportunity to inform Rui ‘er,” he said after a while.

shi yan nodded to show her respect and left jiang rui’s courtyard.

*

the next day, the weather was good. after two days of gray rain, the sky finally cleared up.

shi yan finished a simple morning exercise, washed up, and had breakfast. it was rare that she didn’t read a book. she went upstairs to pick her clothes and began to dress up.

yes, she was carefully dressing up.

At eight in the morning, she received a message from Jiang che, saying that they would be leaving for the bookstore at ten to buy books and that he would pick her up at ten.

shi yan didn’t like to make people wait. now that she was going out with jiang che, she wouldn’t let him wait.

she went downstairs at 9:50.