It Doesn't Matter Whether You Please Others or Yourself

Shi Yan came out of the bamboo garden and saw a green bamboo forest. In the bamboo forest, there was a paved stone road that was capable of allowing a car to pass through. On both sides of the paved stone road were green bamboos, meandering for about 200 meters before reaching the end.

The weather in Sea City at the end of summer was very good. The afternoon sun shone through the rustling green bamboo trees, making it warm and not scorching. The wind blew, and a few dry bamboo leaves fell with the wind. Occasionally, one could hear the chirping of cicadas and birds coming from the bamboo forest.

With one chirping after another, it was very cheerful.

Shi Yan held her cell phone in one hand and a food box in the other. She walked on the paved stone road lined with bamboo leaves on both sides, her footsteps lighter than usual.

When she walked out of the bamboo forest, her field of vision gradually widened. Not far away was the lotus pond, which had a strong sense of presence in the Jiang family’s mansion. The reason for this was that it occupied a large area and had one of the best sceneries in the Jiang family’s old mansion.

Shi Yan walked along the path beside the lotus pond for a while, going straight to the main building.

She was just in time for dinner, so she was called by Grandma Jiang to go to the second floor for dinner.

Shi Yan did not refuse.

Xiao Zhao had applied for leave, so it was not appropriate for her to trouble others to send her lunch. Moreover, since she was already here, there was no need to trouble the kitchen to make another serving.

As for her cooking, if there was no need for it, she rarely cooked by herself.

As soon as she sat down, the old lady asked her with a smile, “Xiao Yan, I heard from Xiao Li in the kitchen that you borrowed the kitchen just now?”

Jiang Rui had accompanied Kong Xiangxiang to the tea party, while Jiang Sheng went to the company. In fact, Grandma Jiang was the only one eating lunch.

However, when the old lady ate alone, Auntie Wan would always accompany her. Since Shi Yan was here today, Auntie Wan did not sit down with her.

Therefore, there were only Shi Yan and Grandma Jiang at the dining table.

Shi Yan did not hide anything and replied with a faint smile, “Yes, I cooked something.”

“You cooked something? I met you downstairs just now and I asked you if you had lunch, but you said you didn’t eat. I guess the food you cooked was not for you, right?”

The old lady smiled, and the wrinkles at the corners of her eyes almost shrank together.

There was a bit of interest in her kind eyes.

Shi Yan ignored her slightly teasing gaze and said with a faint smile, “Yes, it was not for myself. I had to trouble Fifth Master Jiang with something. It’s a thank you gift in advance.”

“Ah, it was for Fifth Brother.”

Shi Yan smiled elegantly.

She allowed the old lady to size her up.

The old lady could not help but be stunned. Suddenly, she could not figure out what she was thinking.

She was only nineteen years old. If she really had the heart of a young girl and was seen by others, especially by the other party’s elders, she should not be acting like this.

She was too calm.

However, the old lady did not pursue the matter. Instead, she smiled and said, “Lao Wu usually stays in his courtyard and has nothing to do. If you need help with anything and he happens to be able to help you, just look for him. It would be even better if you can get him to leave the courtyard more often.”