back to the jiang family mansion

Besides, that was a long time ago.

when she moved back to her own yard from his yard, he would only sit by the bed, tell her stories, or accompany her when he coaxed her to sleep. they had never laid on the same bed again.

besides, they weren’t kids anymore. she was already 19 and he was already 24! what’s the point of lying together?

jiang cheng didn’t insist. he only said, ” you sleep. i’ll stay here and watch over you. ”

jiang rui was speechless.

he himself was so haggard, yet he was here to watch over her. how cruel must she be to close her eyes and sleep in peace?

she stared at him for a few seconds and compromised. ” forget it. come up and sleep. ”

They used to sleep on the same bed when they were young anyway.

jiang rui consoled herself.

Jiang Cheng usually didn’t reveal his emotions, but Jiang Rui still saw his eyes light up the moment she agreed.

He felt even more helpless.

Everyone said that the young master of the Jiang family was cold, quiet, and calm, but he didn’t look calm at all, just like a child.

Jiang Cheng walked to the other side, lifted the blanket, and lay down.

the two of them were lying so flat that jiang rui could see the person lying beside her with just a slight movement of her eyes.

He was someone she couldn’t be more familiar with. In the past, when they lay together like this, she always liked to burrow into his arms. Now, she actually felt a little uncomfortable even when they were lying on the same bed.

It was still different.

Jiang Rui felt a little uncomfortable and turned her back to him.

the next second, she felt something tighten around her waist.

the person behind her leaned over and hugged her.

Her back was pressed against his chest.

Jiang Rui’s body stiffened.

” jiang rui ‘er, ” he said from behind, ” you’re starting to resist me even when i hug you now? ”

he leaned his chin on the top of her head, his voice a little muffled, as if he was suppressing the pain in his heart.

jiang rui also felt bad.

she didn’t want to do this, but reality forced her to.

“we’re not kids anymore.”

She raised her hand to remove his hand from her waist.

The person behind her hugged her even tighter and said in a soft voice, ” ” jiang rui ‘er, i’m afraid you’ll run away while i’m asleep. i can’t sleep at ease if i don’t hug you like this. ”

Jiang Rui’s hand that was holding his wrist paused.

She couldn’t bear it anymore.

Forget it, just this once.

Jiang Rui comforted herself in her heart.

he retracted his hand.

“Go to sleep.”

Jiang Rui didn’t see that when Jiang Cheng saw her compromise again, he heaved a sigh of relief and his lips curved up slightly.

He was the one who had raised her, so he knew her personality the best.