Was Given to Her by Fifth Master

Jiang Rui was very happy that Shi Yan had such a temperament.

If it were anyone else, they would probably feel very uncomfortable at this moment.

Jiang Rui admired Shi Yan’s open-minded and Buddhist way of doing things. In any case, she could not do it herself.

“Little Yan has been in Sea City for quite some time. Are you used to it? I heard that Rui’er has been entertaining you these last few days. This is the first time Rui’er has officially received a guest. If there’s anything that she hasn’t done well, please bear with me.”

“I’m used to it. Rui’er has also been very attentive,” Shi Yan replied with a smile.

When Jiang Rui was mentioned, Kong Xiangxiang’s tone became much more normal. The words that Jiang Rui had asked her to bear with her hospitality came from the bottom of her heart.

It was not difficult to see that Kong Xiangxiang loved Jiang Rui very much.

“Mom, look at what you’re saying. It’s true that this is the first time I’ve officially hosted a guest, but I’ve also done very well, okay? Besides, it’s just me and Yan. As long as we have fun, it’s fine. There aren’t so many twists and turns. We get along very well.”

“As long as we get along well. You young people have something in common.”

As they spoke, the waiter served the coffee.

He added sugar and stirred the coffee gently. Kong Xiangxiang did not drink it. She just stirred the coffee, and looking at Shi Yan, she casually asked, “Xiao Yan, you’ve lived in the old house for some time. You should be familiar with Rui’er and Ah Sheng. What do you think of them? Are they difficult to get along with?”

This question was rather tactful.

However, even if it was tactful, it was still a question.

To put it another way, it was a test.

Jiang Rui kept winking at Kong Xiangxiang, but she ignored it. She kept smiling at Shi Yan, waiting for her answer.

Shi Yan only added a little sugar into the coffee and stirred it gently. She smiled and met Kong Xiangxiang’s eyes.

“They are all very good people. They are easy to get along with.”

She did not avoid her eyes at all.

However, her answer was too general, so Kong Xiangxiang did not get an accurate answer.

She wanted to ask more precise questions, but Jiang Rui beat her to it.

“Mom, just now, Xiao Yan and I went to the embroidery shop and met Fifth uncle.”

Her words made Kong Xiangxiang stop stirring her coffee.

“Tell me, who did you run into?”

She didn’t even bother to ask Shi Yan.

“Uncle Wu.”

“Wu… Lao Wu? Doesn’t he usually stay in the bamboo garden and doesn’t go out? Why did he go out? He went to the embroidery shop…

“Did he go shopping?”

Jiang Rui shook her head, “I’m not sure.”

Shi Yan glanced at Jiang Rui without leaving a trace.

Not sure?

Jiang Che was looking for an elder to help him make pastries. Even if it was inconvenient for him to tell the elder about the pastries, Jiang Rui could say that he was going to visit the elder. Why wasn’t she clear about it?