Chapter 11

(If you're reading this late august 2023, just a little disclaimer, this segment of the book is has and currently being highly edited sooo if you're a ftr some chapters might change after you read them 😭😭 but if you're a rr then yeah, THERE'S SOME CHANGES, all for the better😉😉💗💗)

~Avi~

I'm screwed. I am ever so screwed. I'm currently walking to work, realising that because I didn't turn up tomorrow, I'm definitely completely and utterly fucked to say the least.

"Here we go." I whisper as I enter the building and immediately see Kristen with her hands on her hips. Oh my, she's waiting for me. She catches me in her eyeline and begins to storm over to me. Oh this is it. I'm going to be fired. She walks towards me, so I just shut my eyes tightly in anticipation of what's yet to come hopelessly as the beast approaches me.

However, instead, I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. What the?

"Oh Avi you beautiful girl!!!" She screeches. What. The. Hell. Never in my life has she ever complimented me, let alone even thought about giving me a hug.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, very confused.
"Okay!? Is everything okay? Of course not!" She starts going on.
"Hu-"
"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" She says putting an arm around me.

"Why didn't I tell you what?" I ask, sitting down, still very much confused. She looks left and right before speaking.
"Why didn't you tell me you were dating Neymar Jr!?" She whisper yells making sure only I could hear. My stomach drops.
"Wait what the..." I say how did she know?? "It's not in the media is it?" I ask her, my heart completely pounding in my chest.

"Oh, no, no nothing like that, even better!" She says looking like she's in some sort of trance. "He came here this morning and spoke to me HIMSELF!" She explains.
"What? Wait he was here?" I ask her, looking around to one of the other girls putting clothes away. She just sends me a nod.
"He was right here, bright and early! Told me you weren't in yesterday because he had something booked with you he wasn't going to change and he would pay for your absence." She explains.

Wait what?

"What, really?" I ask her, the most confused I've ever been. I look to Esmerelda at the till, a girl who also works here who just gossips with me the whole time. She was nice, great when you get to know her. She just smiles, sending me nod, confirming what Kristen was telling me. I was in shock!

"Mhm." She beams.
"Oh right." I say with widened eyes. Why would he do that? He never told me. "I had zero clue he came here." I mutter. "Also, I'm so sorry I haven't been in much, especially without ringing up yesterday- I can work extra all this week!" I ramble apologising, looking down. She grabs my chin lifting it up.
"Sweetheart. Do not apologise, Neymar Jr knows who I am because of you!" She excites. I can only just stand there with wide eyes, completely baffled.

"You know what? Take the day off, take the week off for all I care! You don't know what this means for me my dear!" She says to me, leaving me more confused somehow. "Neymar Junior knows who I am! Neymar Junior knows who I am" She chants to herself as she gets up walking off. I just look at the girl behind the counter, she just shrugs before going back to the clothes.

"What the hell..." I mutter before pulling out my phone to ring Antonella.

~WITH ANTONELLA~

"So, where're you taking me today?" I ask Antonella as we walk around from where we parked.

As soon as I found out I didn't have work, I rang Antonella and told her everything. Everything starting from him picking me up for training to this morning.
Well, I say everything, but I definitely didn't mention the 2 hour call with him last night.