Chapter 14

~Avi~

"Oh." Nadine says, sounding very caught off guard and very shocked with the truth. The room was deathly silent. Nobody wanted or could even say a word.

Neymar did exactly what he promised.

He took charge like he said he would and explained everything truthfully and responsibly, start to finish whilst we all just listened. He explained everything start to finish, but the thing that I noticed was that he made it out to be like this wasn't my fault whatsoever; that this was all on him, which I tried to mention wasn't the case, but he never let me.

He took responsibility for everything, and I mean everything, which I wasn't expecting at all.
He mentioned everything without even stuttering once, never missed out or twisted a thing, nothing. I'll be honest, I'm thankful for him doing that; no matter if he's the reason we're all here in this living room right now or not. He said he'll get it sorted, and he has done the first step.

"Well then." Nadine manages to find her words, sitting up a little in the sofa next to me. "This is a little different than we originally thought." She says in a soft voice, looking down to the floor. She doesn't look mad, she just looks like a worried, concerned mother.

His dad on the other hand...

"Son." Neymar Senior says sternly, breaking the silence, yet somehow making the room go even quieter as we just sit there waiting for what is about to be said.
I just look towards Neymar.
He looks like he's just seen death before him.

"A word." Neymar Senior demands, before standing up and walking outside. Neymar follows behind him, giving me a soft smile as he does which I return with an apologetic one. He leaves the room behind his dad, leaving me, Nadine, Rafaella and an oblivious Davi all in the room, still in silence.

I need to say something. Anything. I can't just stay silent, as much as I want to, I can't.

"I'm so sor-" I go to apologise for everything, but Nadine beats me to it.
"Bless your heart my dear girl are you okay!?" She asks, pulling me into her, giving me a concerned hug. Wait what?
"Oh! Yes I am thank you," I say into the hug. I smile softly into the hug due to the unexpected comfort I'm receiving from her.

"I'm so sorry you've been thrown into all of this, catapulted into the public eye in a way like this... Oh I am so sorry!" She adds an extremely apologetic tone masking her voice.
"I-" I go to tell her not to apologise and this is all okay at the moment but she speaks again.
"Is there anything, and I mean anything that I can do for you?" She asks once we break the hug, holding onto my arms either side of me. I just shake my head but smile at her kindness.
She really is just like Neymar said.
"I promise you it's okay Nadine, thank you so much though," I smile at her before carrying on what I was going to say earlier. She just looks like she could cry whilst looking at me, an apologetic look very apparent on her face.

"I just want to genuinely apologise to all of you for being a part of this and getting Neymar involved in-" I begin to ramble, but I stop speaking as soon as she pulls me into yet another hug.
"Shh." She soothes like I'm her own, rubbing my back, clearly sensing my nerves. "Don't apologise; please don't apologise my dear, you haven't done a thing wrong." She says into our hug which I just melt into like never before. For some reason, this feeling feels so unfamiliar. I feel safe, calm, no matter what is going on, I just feel calm, like I was never panicking a few minutes ago.

"But-"
"Ah ah ah." She says, putting up a finger, immediately making me shut up, looking at the finger in front of my face. "That's better." She smiles as soon as I stop going to blame myself again which I just match. Her smile is so contagious! "Now go on, and don't apologise." She says, giving me a reassuring smile.