Chapter 34

~Neymar~

"Ugh." I groan, placing down the phone on the kitchen worktop.
"Still nothing?" Leo asks me, taking a seat next to me.
"Nothing." I confirm, resting my head on my arms in defeat yet again.
"Neymar, maybe she's just busy-" Leo tries to tell me for the 50th time.
"Even is she were busy, she still would've had time to message one of us!" I respond, snapping at him a little bit before instantly regretting it. He's only trying to help.

"I'm sorry Leo." I apologise.
"No, I understand." He gives a weak little smile before looking over to Thiago sat in his chair as he eats. "How annoying is it when Mami doesn't answer her phone?" He asks him.
"Really annoying!" Thiago nods.
"See, we get it." He says back to me with a small smile. I just laugh at his attempt to reassure me.
"Thanks Leo." I laugh until I snap my head to the side as my phone buzzes.

"What is it? Who is it!?" Leo also looks at the phone.
"I don't know, I don't know." I say quickly, reaching for the phone and turning it on, only to be filled with disappointment. "Ughhh!" I let my head fall on the worktop again, a little too hard thank I planned. "Ow." I let out.
"Hey, what did my worktop do to you?" Leo asks.
"It hurt my head." I respond, looking at him from the side to see him look at me to elaborate further. "Check your phone." I huff, in which he does, taking about three times the time he needed to to work his phone and open the group chat.
"Oh you're joking." He mutters, now joining me on the worktop with his head. "Ow." He lets out.
"What did your worktop do to you?" I ask him with amusement.
"The same as what it did to you." He huffs.

"We could skip." I come up with.
"We might get weird looks." He responds.
"I meant not go." I clarify.
"Then we'll be getting weird looks at our funeral instead."
"I'd take that over going and listening to coach yell for however many hours he chooses this time."

"What's going on here?" Antonella laughs, entering the kitchen seeing our state.
"Coach called an emergency meeting." Leo groans, lifting his head up with me from the worktop.
"As if my day couldn't have gotten any worse." I huff.
"Oh that reminds me!" Leo pipes up suddenly. "Neymar, I forgot to ask you, could you help clean my gnomes tonight?" He asks.
"It just got even worse." I mutter.
"It's only Gerard that needs polishing." He assures me. "He's looking rough at the moment."
"That doesn't help, he's the worst one."

"Oh I'm sure you boys will survive." Antonella laughs, kissing Leo on the cheek and ruffling my hair as she goes past us to pick up Thiago.
"The last one was four hours." I remind her.
"And that's not including the wait because coach was late." Leo mentions.
"Plus an extra hour of all the time added up of Coach having to stop and yell at us." I add.
"Us?" Leo asks. "You more like." He laughs.
"More like everyone apart from you." I tell him.
"Well, that's what happens when you're the best in the world." He dusts off his shoulders proudly. "Isn't that right kid?" He asks Thiago.
"Cristiano gets yelled at too though?" Thiago tilts his head, instantly making Antonella burst out laughing and me have to put a hand over my mouth not to laugh.

"Next time you babysit him, you can keep him." Leo says to me.
"Oh Lionel calm down." Antonella laughs. "Just be glad your son has a good eye when it comes to football." She says, gathering her things together.
"A good eye?? I'm starting to think you had an affair with Stevie Wonder." Leo comments.
"Lionel, I think you would know if Thiago's dad was Stevie Wonder." Antonella responds, raising her eyebrows at him, but Leo still doesn't look convinced.
"He's more likely to be Helen Keller's." I whisper to Leo.
"She's also a woman, I don't think that would work." Leo whispers back, still eyeing Thiago.
"Science is freaky, people can do that nowadays." I whisper.
"Also I don't think the timelines add up." Leo says.
"Hm, that's true."

"Come on you children, I'll take you two there if it makes you any better." She chuckles. Instantly me and Leo look at each other, before jumping off out chairs.
"Shotgun front seat!" We both say at the same time before scrambling out of the kitchen, pushing each other, trying to get to the car before the other.
"I can't believe I'm going to have another one of these in 5 months." Antonella shakes her head, following us to the car.