Chapter 22

~Neymar~

Bzz bzz bzz

"Ughhhh go away." I groan groggily, plummeting my face into my pillow after getting rudely woken up by my phone persistently buzzing on the bedside table next to me. It's like 11pm so not that late, but still, I've had a game AND have babysat today for the destructive duo of Davi and Thiago, so I'm absolutely exhausted and need my hours to recover from the damage done from the two kids.

Bzz bzz

"Ughhh!" I flop over on one side, trying to reach for the phone on the table but failing, flopping my arm out over the side of the bed instead, giving up mid way to reaching because it's too much effort. I stay there for a moment, just wanting to go back to sleep. I'm normally a morning person, just not now, it is NOT morning.

Oh my phones stopped-

Hey I just met you, and this is crazy~

I just let out another groan due to me celebrating too early as my phone now begins to ring; that ringtone belonging to a certain someone.
"Oh no what have I done?" I mutter, everything I've ever done to him flowing through my head in an instant before I accept the call.

"Neymar! Why haven't you been answering my texts!!" Is the first words that whisper through the phone.
"I was sleeping!" I explain, falling back into the pillows with my phone, smiling when I see the figure of our cat on the bed in the dark, trotting over to me and snuggling up against me. "Anyway, what is it?" I ask what this urgency is about as I pet the animal next to me who's now purring against me with her head.

"I need you to come over." He says, catching me off guard a little at a time like this.
"Leo we've talked about this!" I whisper yell over the phone.
"No no, this is different." He pursues.
"Oh, what is it then?" I question.
"It's a safeguarding issue, I've got Thiago with me now." He says quickly and quietly, like he's hiding from something, or someone.
"Wait, what's going on?" I ask, a little worried, sitting up in an instant which just makes our cat jump a little which I apologise for before pulling her back.

The line goes silent for a moment before I hear him very quietly say something.
"I think... is in the house." He whispers the third word too quiet for me to even hear.
"What?" I ask.
"Neymar! I can't say his name too loud!!" He whisper yells, trying to stay quiet.
"What? Is it Voldemort?" I question, in confusion as to why he has to say the name ever so silently.
"Close..." He adds. "I think... is in the house"
"WHO!?" I ask in a normal noise level.
"Shhhh!!" He shushes me down the line.
"Sorry!!" I apologise. "Who?" I re-ask, only this time in a much quieter tone.

"I think..." He starts before pausing. "I think Cristiano is in the house."
"What!!?" I sit up even more.
"Don't be ma-"
"I'm on my way." I tell him, jumping up out of bed, tucking our cat in before racing to save my Queen. Davi is at my parent's house too so I can go straight there.
"I knew he wasn't in Portugal!! Bring slug repellent, we need reinforcements, he has his clique he claims, I can hear them!!" He panics.
"Don't worry, help is on the way dear! Help is on the way!" I run to get supplies.

~Avi~

"Do you reckon he'll believe it?" I ask her, giggling away at the thought of Leo's distress, taking a handful of popcorn out the bucket we're sharing whist watching the amazing Dance Moms in their room on the top floor, so Leo will face the trap before he gets here.
"It's Lionel, of course he will." She laughs, also taking a handful of popcorn. "I think the Real Madrid audio helps too."
Oh yeah that will." I laugh at another part of our plan.

"Why is he so petrified of him?" I ask, as we watch.
"He's genuinely convinced he's out to get him because of one thing." She shakes her head laughing.
"What one thing?" I laugh.
"He invited him out for dinner one time, the day before they played each other last year and Cristiano well, he really persisted for Leo to have this dish, really recommended it and Leo got really bad food poisoning from it." She begins to explain which just makes me put my head in my hands to control my laughter. "He was really bad with it, couldn't play the match and they ended up winning." She adds. "So ever since, he's had this hatred towards the man and thinks he has a plan to get him off the radar."
"Oh my god." I laugh at this man's antics yet again.
"I know." She laughs.