Chapter 12

(If you're a rereader, yes I've redone this whole chapter, so enjoy being a ftr again for this part of the book 😍)

~A FEW DAYS LATER~

~Avi~

"I don't know Antonella, I know I said I'd go but-" I say to the woman over the phone, trying to convince me to come to the game.
"Pleaseee." She tries. "Sofia will be there too and it'll be your first time at Camp Nou!" She says enthusiastically.
"I know but-" I sigh, cutting myself off. I haven't told her about the kiss between me and Neymar. Even though it only happened because of the paparazzi, I couldn't stop thinking about how it continued, and what would've happened if we didn't stop there and then. It was driving me mad. And to make things somehow worse, we hadn't seen each other or contacted each other since, which meant it's all I've thought about.

"I'm sorry about the other day, if that's-" She begins to apologise for her and Lionel's 'fish casualty'.
"Nono it's fine." I laugh a little. "It's just, ughhh." I flop onto my bed backwards, my head completely bombarded with far to many thoughts. I couldn't even say what happened. No one apart from me and him knew. It was the only thing I could think about these past few days and just the thought of seeing him in person after what happened was giving me more anxiety I had in the moment itself.

"Something happened between you and Ney didn't it?" She says with amusement. I feel my stomach drop. How did she-
"No." I say far too quickly, instantly cringing as I realise how detectable my lie was.

"I know you can't see me but you know exactly what look I'm giving you right now." She says, amusement thick in her tone.
"I don't wanna talk about it." I groan, running my fingers through my hair. How do I even approach the situation? Would it be better just to flat out ignore it and pretend it never happened? Would it be better to talk to him? I don't even know.
"Well, you know what they say." She starts. "A problem shared is a problem halved!" I smile as she speaks.
"That sounds like something Lionel would say." I laugh slightly.
"Well, I did marry him." She says and I can hear her smile somehow. I smile for Antonella. Despite only knowing her for a few days and really, the same with Lionel, you can see they were practically made for each other. That's something I would love to have, but I just had to fuck that up for myself didn't I?

"Oh come on Av, I'm sure whatever happened between you both will be fine." She says as I pisk at my nails. God she has no idea how bad this is. "Hey, I'll even pick you up in the WAG wagon then we'll go and party with the hoes." She says in a cool voice. "Well, watch a football game, but you know what I mean." She adds. I laugh at her before sitting up. I think for a moment. I know it'll be incredibly awkward, but also at the same time, I don't want that to ruin a chance to see Antonella and meet Sofia and the other girls.

"Okay I'll come and party with the hoes." I crack a small smile, quoting her. I can't let what happened ruin everything I guess.
"That's the spirit!" I can hear her grin. "I'll be there in five!" She says, sending a kiss down the phone.
"See you soon!" I say, sending one back before she hangs up, ending the call. As she does, I look at my phone letting out a sigh. As much as I wanted to see the girls and go to the game, I really didn't want to see him.

"Why do you always get yourself into situations like this?" I whisper to myself with my head in my hands. "Ughh." I groan, realising there was no way out of this now; Antonella was on her way. I felt nervous for some stupid reason. Well, at least on my end; he probably hasn't even thought about it. Why would he? It meant nothing anyway, it was to save our asses from those stupid paps, nothing more.

"What's that look for?" I look at our cat from across the room who was looking at me, giving me that look. "Oh please." I roll my eyes at the somehow suggestive look she had mustered up. "I'm not even bothered about it, I just don't want it to be awkward." I try to convince the animal, but she only tilts her head the other way, still looking at me the same way. I roll my eyes. "Whatever." I huff, standing up and walking over to her. "Come on." I say, picking her up, ready to go to this game and face up to what I was dreading.