Chapter 38

~Avi~

~Next Day~

"Ooh, what colour are you going for?" Antonella asks me, as we walk with Sofia and Shakira with our hands out, trying to visualise what we want doing to our nails.
"Oh! Either pale blue or pale pink." I decide, inspecting my hands.
"We should all do matching pink!" Antonella says, looking between us all.
"Yes yes yes!" We all agree, clapping with excitement as we walk along the lobby, on the way to the spa where our day awaits us.

Well, I say day, but in reality we only have a few hours because we all spent the whole night watching various movies, chatting shit about people we hate, and eating, So we only really now have an afternoon but oh well.

"Wait, wait, wait." Antonella stops us all.
"What, what, what?" We all ask at the same time.
"Photo." She smiles, taking her phone out, instantly making us all bunch up together, fitting in the screen, taking a photo. "Perfect!" She grins. "Let's go!"
"Wait, wait, wait!" Sofia objects.
"What, what, what?" We all ask.
"I need the toilet." She says, looking around.

"Sofia!" We all say.
"What!?" She says in a defensive tone.
"We're waiting- me too." I admit.
"Avi!!" Antonella and Shakira say.
"What!?" I match Sofia's tone.
"You two are far younger than me, she's pregnant and you you're the ones needing the toilet again?" Shakira asks.
"Yes." We both say at the same time.
"Can't you do the itchy calf trick?" Antonella asks, busting to go into the spa but we just shake out heads.

"Oh we won't be long!" Sofia says as we make our way to the toilets which were right next to the spa anyway. "Listen, we'll be laughing when they're suffering in there."
"That's true!" We cackle, going in the toilets.
"Ooh, these are nice." I say, looking around.
"You better get used to them." Sofia laughs. "This is your life with us." She adds before we go into the stalls. I still cannot wrap my head around that. Just over four months ago my life was the most basic thing you could probably think of, and now, I'm about to get my nails done with Antonella Roccuzzo, Sofia Balbi and Shakira in a five star hotel. This is genuinely obscene.

Thankfully for Antonella and Shakira, we were done in about a minute or so; maybe an extra minute taking photos, but regardless, we leave the bathroom, going back into the lobby until we bump into one person in specific.

"Oh hey Neymar!" Sofia stops, noticing the man who was on his phone, waiting outside the men's toilets for someone. As soon as he hears Sofia, he lifts his head up from his phone, a smile on his face until it falls as he catches glance of me.
"Hi Sofia." He smiles at her. I see his eyes flicker to me ever so slightly before he swallows harshly, then looking away again almost instantly, causing me to frown at his odd behaviour.

"You all good?" She asks, clearly picking up on the pretty tense atmosphere.
"Yeah great!" He smiles to Sofia, looking like he was trying to do anything he could not to acknowledge me.
"Well-" Sofia starts, but as she speaks we make brief eye contact again, making him interrupt her, I give him a little smile like I would usually but he looks away again. I frown again, he was not acting like this yesterday.

"Oh, I've um, just remembered!" He says. "Coach called a team meeting." He puts his phone in his pocket now walking backwards away. "I need to go." He finalises before walking around the corner out of sight, leaving me and Sofia heavily confused.

"That was definitely odd right?" I ask.
"That was definitely odd." She says, concern masking her face, looking at the spot he was in moments ago.
I look to the floor, instantly trying to pinpoint anything that I could've done to make him act like that.
Well, this is going to keep me up for the next week or so.

"So Ney- oh, where'd he go?" Sergi says as he exits the bathroom, revealing who Neymar was waiting for. "Hi Avi, hi Sofia!" He grins, catching eye of us both.
"Hey Sergi." We smile at him. At least someone said hello.
"Do you know where Neymar went? I don't see him anywhere." He frowns looking around for the man. "He was supposed to be waiting so I didn't get lost because Marc couldn't come with me."
"What happened?" Sofia asks, sounding concerned at the duo's departure.
"Well, we were seeing how deep we could imprint our faces into the hedges in the gardens, and Marc got a twig in his eye." Sergi explains, sounding really quite concerned. "I tried to go with him but they wouldn't let me go." His voice breaks a little at the thought.
"Oh, oh that's terrible." Me and Sofia sympathise.