Chapter 46

Guys! I dropped my laptop this time and it made another long chapter! What a shame! 😢🙄

(Disclaimer, I really don't know what I was on when writing this chapter, just... enjoy I guess 😭😭and this one is 14321 words so take your time 😉)

~A few days later~

~Avi~

"Tonight! The Champions League Final! Berlin! Barcelona versus Juventus, oh I cannot wait!" I hear a reporter speak from my TV. I was in my kitchen making myself a drink, watching the football from across the room before the actual game kicked off. It felt odd to be back here home. I hadn't been back properly in what felt like months, but even so, I'm just happy I'm back, despite being on my own.

They had all left for Berlin earlier today, for the Champions League Final which was kicking off in a few hours. The thing was, they were supposed to set off yesterday morning so they could be all prepared and well rested, however, Marc and Sergi forgot again what day it was, and the team all had to wait for them both because Coach didn't trust them to get themselves to the final without everyone else so they're pretty late, but Antonella texted me a few hours ago saying they were at the airport, so they'll be there now.

"You know Barcelona are so strong at the moment, definitely not with their timing, but definitely on the pitch." I hear a reporter say making me smile a little as I stir my drink, not looking up from the TV. "This year they've just been something different!" The man says.

"I'll tell you what, there's something in that tongue piercing that has brought out a new side of Dani Alves this year..." Another reporter says, causing me to crack a smile, looking up at the screen where it shows a small compilation of Dani throughout this season.
"I thought you said last time it was a questionable look?" The other reporter raises his eyebrows at the other.
"Questionable of the power it has brought him!" The reports swoons. I walk over to my little sofa in front of the TV, getting myself comfortable as I watch the screen in front of me. "Just look at that play!" He gasps, completely mesmerised by Dani.
"Okay okay, let's move on before you run on the pitch and marry the man tonight." The other reporter widens his eyes at his fangirling colleague. I feel a shiver run throughout me at the fourth to last word, I didn't want to think of it. I didn't want to think of what was going to happen when he comes back.

"Speaking of the Brazilians in the team, you know who else has had a cracking season?" The reporter asks as I take a sip of my drink. "Neymar Junior." He says, playing a few clips of the man. I sigh at the constant reminders of him, but I continue to watch like usual regardless.
"Neymar Junior!" The other reporter agrees. "I mean, just look how he can just get past anyone on that pitch!" He laughs. I smile a little bit as I watch him play through the screen; they were playing a clip of his goal versus Real Madrid, the one I remember ever so clearly.

"And that's not even talking about this goal, just look at it! Beautiful!" The other reporter laughs as they play the clip of him scoring and celebrating with the team making me smile at the memory. However, as I think more about it, I can't help but feel regretful. I've missed so many games I could've gone to because of this, I could've gone to all of them, but here we are.

"Awh and there he is sending a heart up to his son and girlfriend." Another reporter says, taking me out of my thoughts instantly, before showing the photo of us at the Real Madrid game causing me to almost spit out my drink at the unexpected photo. I genuinely forget I've been thrown into the centre of all of this; into the media as Neymar's rumoured girlfriend, I still wasn't used to it, not at all. I lean forward a little bit, inspecting the photo I hadn't seen before.