Chapter 33

~Avi~

"GOALLLLL!"

I read the notification from my phone, keeping track of the current game going on back home. I smile at the alert before powering off my phone, putting it back into my pocket, knowing they'll all be cheering like mental back in Barcelona.

I rest my head back into the Bentley seat I'm currently in, before looking to my side to see Dario driving to our destination of the day, only this time, in silence, so I reach forward to turn the radio on which he didn't have on before; that's something I've noticed about Dario, he doesn't really listen to music.

Normally car journeys as the passenger would be filled with smacking each other's hands away, trying to get on the channel you want on before the other, then almost crashing the car because you tried to put the song on you would belt along the way just to annoy the other.

Wait, why am I even thinking of-

"So Alessia-" Dario starts, bringing me away from my thoughts.
"You know you can call me Avi right?" I make sure with him. Alessia, it just a name I haven't heard in years, and overall, I just prefer being called Avi.
"Oh yes I know, but, Alessia just sounds nicer I think." He says, not taking his eyes off the road. "Would you agree?" He asks.
"Hm, it's a pretty name, but Avi is more me I guess, seen as though I've been called it my entire life." I explain.
"Where did you even get Avi from?" He asks, not taking his eyes off the road.
"Oh just a nickname my brother used to give me, well, accompanied by a bunch of other nicknames which were definitely more like insults." I laugh at the memory. "But Avi, he called me ever since we were tiny, I don't think he could say Alessia, so Avi just stuck." I give a little smile. "Besides, he had a best friend since he was a baby with practically the same name as me, so to avoid confusion, he would always say Avi."
"That's sweet." He smiles, parking up at the destination.

"So Alessia," He starts the conversation again. Oh I thought he was going to call me Avi, oh well, it's only a name. "I'm taking you to the Piazza Della Signoria." He reveals.
"Oh I love this place!" I grin, which makes his small smile drop a little.
"You've been here before?" He asks, disappointment hinting in his tone.
"Of course I have." I laugh. "I did live here for 16 years you know." I say before getting out of the car myself, excited because I haven't been here in quite a while. He also gets out of the car, closing it behind him before we begin to walk down to the district. As we walk I just look all around; Italy really is just a beautiful place.

"This is where Marc and Sergi came the other week with my Grandad." I smile as we walk to the destination. All of the statues, huge buildings and all the people all around to look at.
"Were they the two who kept getting my name wrong?" Dario asks.
"Yeah." I laugh, thinking of their many attempts to get his name right. It was really quite funny. They didn't have much time together at all, only when they left because Dario wanted to come, but in that time, I think they really pushed all his buttons.

"They were annoying." He rolls his eyes, causing my face to fall instantly.
"You didn't like them?" I ask.
"Did it look like I liked them?" He asks. "All they did was cry and call me 20 different things between them."
"They were upset to leave Dario. They were fine." I say in more of a stern voice.
"Yeah fine for you, you found it hilarious." He says.
"It was pretty funny." I recall. "Darron..." I tease making him take a deep breath in.
"Let's just keep on walking." He says seriously.
"Oh right, okay." I murmur, kind of hoping he would go along with it but thankfully we get to the district pretty quickly after that.

"Ooh, look you, this tells you everything about here." I say, reading the sign explaining the history of Piazza Della Signoria. "There's leaflets too." I look at a table set up with leaflets scattered around, I guess for tourists but I'll take one too.
"Go and get one." Dario smiles before looking around the place.
"Excuse me could I just get-" I say, leaning over a man ever so slightly to grab one of the leaflets on the table, gaining his attention. "Thank you." I say once I picked it up, turning back around to walk back to Dario. "It's been a while though since my Grandad took me here, so we can use with these." I say, passing Dario one.