Chapter 13

~Avi~

"Come in, come in." I say, ushering him inside. "And be quick, I wanna go back to bed." I add as he walks in, shutting the door behind him.
"Love to know you're happy I'm here." He greets me in an enthusiastic tone, clearly taking the mick.
"Oh, elated." I smile sarcastically back, matching him before making my way to the kitchen so I can eat. "So-" I begin, about to ask him what on earth he wants to talk about however, it seems like he's already preoccupied.

"Oh hello you!" He coos in a higher pitched voice. "Oh how I've missed seeing you!" He continues, running over to the sofa. I look behind me at him, just to see him picking up the kitten which was on the sofa moments prior, her purring as soon as she comes into contact with him. "Look at her! Oh, you've grown so much!" He squeals to her like a little girl.
"Goodness me." I mutter, looking at them both.

"I swear she just smiled!" He excites. "See, I told you she prefers me!" He claims, looking at me.
"Clearly." I mutter unimpressed with my arms crossed, a little annoyed at the love she had for Neymar even though I've been the one looking after her.
"Oh you're so coming back with me tonight." He says to her, rubbing their noses together as he lifts her up. I roll my eyes at him smiling a little at the scene, before asserting my attention back onto my kitchen.

"Do you want a tea?" I ask him, now holding up the tin of teabags in my hand but he doesn't answer. "Neymar!" I repeat, now getting his attention which was far too focused on the kitten in his arms.
"Huh?" He asks cluelessly, now looking at me.
"Tea?" I ask, shaking the tin a little indicating at it.
"Oh! Yes please!" He grins before asserting his full attention right back to her. I go towards the kettle and pop it on so it can boil whilst I get my breakfast.

Anyway, I should probably ask what he wants to talk about again; if he responds that is.

"Right, so what's the important thing you had to talk to me about? Run it through with me." I say, searching my cupboards for some cereal seen as though I'm starving. "It wasn't James Bonds was it saying we can-"
"No..." He says,
"Oh god Neymar what is it?" I ask.

"Isn't it a lovely day today-" He begins to say looking out the window, clearly trying to avoid whatever he was about to talk about. "Sunny isn't it?"
"Neymar." I interrupt. He just looks back at me innocently. "You got me up earlier than I would've-"
"But it's like 11-" He butts in.
"So-" I interrupt back, continuing what I was about to say. "-you're gonna tell me what you came here to talk about." I say to him, looking back at him. "And not about the weather." I add before he goes to speak, asserting my attention back to the making of my breakfast.

"Okay, okay. Well, um.." He starts, still being very vague, clearly not wanting to spill.
"Go on..." I frown suspiciously, taking out a box of cereal for my breakfast.
"Obviously we've been spotted together multiple times, so that's a little bit of a problem for starters." He states, me nodding my head agreeing with him, still focused on my cereal. "And then yesterday, obviously you came to the game, meaning everyone has seen you again..." He continues. Again, I just nod, now taking a bowl out.
"Obviously..." I lead on, copying his words, to see what he's trying to ultimately get at.

"So, that means there's no hiding the fact there's something going on between us..." He sighs, leaning back, playing with the cats paws.
"Unfortunately." I say, now pouring my Special K into my bowl. I already was aware of this, but now I just want to know what he's trying to get to.
"And at some point, we have to tell our families..." He cringes whilst saying, asserting more attention onto the kitten which has really grown significantly in the space of a month, to try and distract himself. I immediately stop pouring my cereal, my internal organs dropping to my ankles for a second or two at the thought of the possibilities of what is about to say.