Chapter 36

If I were out of sims 3 I'd be a workaholic xx

~Avi~

Everyone instantly went silent; everyone's conversations stopping as soon as Dario spoke. I just stand there, completely taken off guard with Dario's choice of words. I look between the two facing each other. Dario still had his hand still out for Neymar to shake, a proud look appearing on his face. Neymar however; his smile that was previously on his face had disappeared in an instant with no evidence it was ever there; his mouth was open ever so slightly as he looked at Dario and he looked a shade paler than he was a second ago.

The group of girls stood with Leo each had a similar expression to Neymar, alongside with everyone in the garden, but they were all looking at each other instead, like they were communicating with their eyes before looking back to Neymar. No one could say anything. Well, until...

"Your dating your brother?" Sergi asks.
"What, no!" I say in disgust. "Where have you gotten that from!?" I ask him.
"Well we thought Donald was-" Marc also decided to contribute.
"It's Dario!" Dario reminds them.
"Well, anyway, actually I wouldn't really say-" I go to explain but before I could Neymar shakes Dario's hand.

"Oh- um, that's great!" He gives him a rushed smile, and I notice he's moving very quick. "Lovely to meet you." He swallows harshly, his eyes darting around he garden everywhere apart from at me. "Um, actually, I think I actually left something inside, I need to go and get it." He suddenly announces, turning away and walking as fast as he could out of sight and into the hotel, leaving us even more stunned than before.
"What's wrong with him?" Marc asks.
"I think he has those toilet troubles again..." Sergi comments, watching him as he leaves.

"Dammit! I left Thiago inside." Leo now announces, following the same way Neymar went, walking past me. "Catch you later Avi!" He smiles but as soon as he gets past me that smile disappears, too quickly because I saw it fall.
"Um Lionel!" Dario calls for Leo. "Your kid is right t-" He tries to say but gets a hand up over the shoulder from Leo before he disappears out of sight, leaving us all still in a heavily awkward silence yet again.

"Hey Dani." Adriano says. "Can I talk to you for a second?" He asks, not taking his eyes off of Dario who for some reason had a smile on his face.
"Right with you Adriano." Dani says, also not looking away from Dario before they go their separate way. I just look to my right to the trio of girls, stood there looking stunned holding the kids who thankfully had no idea what was going on.
"I think we need a little catch up." Antonella says awkwardly scrunching her face at Dario, taking my arm in front of him cautiously.
"No worries." He says in a relaxed tone.
"You tell us everything okay?" She whispers as all of us now walk to a spot where we can sit down and converse.
"I've been planning to for weeks." I whisper back, disappearing around the corner, out of sight of the others still left behind, still absorbing the awkwardness and tension between each other.

"Dorito?" Sergi offers Dario.
"God how many times! It's Dar-" He snaps until he notices Sergi holding out a bag of them for him to take one as he eats one himself. "- oh, oh yes please thank you."

~Neymar~

I couldn't speak. It was like every word, letter or sound I've ever learned was pulled out of my brain going on a trip across the globe, never to come back.
I look from him to her, unable to get anything out.
That's why she wasn't messaging.
That's why she wasn't calling.
Because she's fallen for someone else; because I was too late.

I manage to snap myself back into reality, at the sound of voices belonging to her and Sergi, talking about whatever, I couldn't pay attention, I could only focus on the man in front of me, holding out his hand for me to shake with his head up high with an arrogant, smarmy look glued to his face. As if he knew exactly what was going on in my head, as if he was proud of it.