10

Ever been on a cloud that seems so far up in the sky you dont think you'll ever come down? Well that has been me the entire week. Seeing Amanda being put in her place just somehow ignited a feeling of pure joy from deep within my soul.

This weekend I will be off so I decided to go home and see my mum and daughter. The pay is great but the tips are even better. I decided to start at the mall and get Bontle some shoes for her Matric dance. And I knew just the perfect pair. I took a taxi and headed to Gateway, I got to Steve Madden and searched around for the shoes that Bontle has on her phone. I asked the assistant to help me and she showed me. I almost jumped for joy when I saw that they were on sale. I told you this week has been perfect.

I bought the shoes, paid and headed out. I went to PicknPay and bought a few groceries and things we might need at home. I finished my shopping and took a taxi home. By the time I got there my mum was already back from selling so I didn't have to wait outside in the hot sun. I got in and hugged my mum. She was sitting in the lounge with her feet up on the coffee table. I decided to boil some water so I can give her a foot massage. Mental not, I need to get her one of those home foot massages so she can relax like the queen she is. I came back with a bowl of hot water and a cloth, I put some Epsom salt in there to help her relax.

"So how is going?" She asked while I massaged her feet.
"Good, so good in fact that my boss told Amanda where to get off when she came to the club."
"What! What did that spawn of satan do this time?" I laughed.
"Ma, she is your child and you are not satan."
"Hhay you never know, if Mariah could get pregnant with Jesus via the holy spirit, maybe that also happened with me, except this time the devil was the one doing the work."
"Ma you cant say that."
"Argh, I know, I just cant help feeling like I failed Amanda, somewhere somehow I must have done something wrong."
"Amanda is a grown woman, whatever she does, she is fully aware of it. You cant blame yourself for it."
"I know, so what did she do?"
"She tried to embarrass me in front of her friends, my boss put her back in her place pretty quickly. She left the club fuming."
"Serves her right. You know she's never even brought her kids here? I swear this girl has no idea the kind of karma she is digging up for herself."
"Argh forget her, she will remember home when the time comes. So I bought Bontle some shoes for her matric dance."

I took the plastic bag from the couch and showed it to her. I swear her smile went all the way up to her ears. She took the shoes out and looked at them.

"They are so beautiful, she'll be so happy."
"I hope so. She has a picture of them on her phone."
"She'll fit them when she gets back, her dress is almost done, just a few amendments here and there and she'll be good to go."
"Good, atleast that's one less thing she has to worry about. Then she can fully focus on her exams."

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Bo the walked through the door clearly tired with her school Jersey over her head to shield her from the sun. She threw herself on the couch face down.

"Hectic day?"
"You have no idea. I swear these exams will be the death........" she stopped talking when she got up and saw the shoes on mums lap. The joy in her face was evident. "Gogo?"
"Hhay hhay, these are mine hawu." Mum said hiding the shoes behind her. Bontle rushed to her and gave her a hug while tickling her. "Bontle ngzokshaya man ngyeke (I'll beat you leave me alone.)" She said between giggles. Bontle managed to get the box of shoes and ran back to sit down on the couch. She opened the box and her screams filled the room.

"Oh my God these are perfect, how did you know?" She asked looking at me.
"I have my ways." She threw herself at me and gave me the biggest hug.
"Thank you mummy." She sat back down and wiped her tears. She couldn't stop looking at the shoes. I was happy she was happy. These are the moments I've always prayed to see and experience.