86

MY SISTERS KEEPER

EIGHTY SIX

We landed back in Durban an hour ago. And when we drove back to the house there was a Hawks branded Golf GTI parked outside the house. No guesses who that might be. I opened the gate and while it was sliding open these two gentlemen got out of the car and walked towards our car. One of them was Indian and the other one was a typical Afrikaans man. The Indian was in a black suit with a striped tie, and the other guy had on Jean's, a white shirt tucked in which exposed his belly, it's a good thing I've never seen the hawks run after criminals, this one wouldnt make it to ten meters before running out of breath. He completed his look with a purple tie and a brown leather jacket. The Indian guy knocked on the window while his friend went to the other side. I could see the fear in Nomonde's eyes so I held on to her hand to reassure her. I slid down the window and this idiot decided to lean on the door with his whole face inside the car. Whatever happened to respecting people's space.

"Mr Radebe." He says with his Indian accent. It's not so thick like most Indians, but if he spoke to you on the phone without knowing what he looks like you would know he is Indian.
"Can I help you?"
"We'd like to have a word with you. Alone." He emphasizes looking at my wife. If he thinks I'm getting out of this car he must have smoked some strong ass weed.
"Whatever you want to say to me you can say in front of my wife. And if you really want to speak to me you'll follow me inside and we'll have a conversation like grown adults." I start the car but he doesnt move from the window.
"I think this is a conversation we can have right here. You can get out of the car and we'll talk like grown adults as you say." I turn the car off and turn my body to face him. His friend is now standing next to him with a toothpick in his mouth.

"For starters, I don't  know you. You've been parked outside my house for hours now, scaring the shit out of my mothers and my daughter, now you come here, you dont even bother to introduce yourselves and you think I'm just going to get out of this car and talk to you? Are you nuts?" They chuckle and look at each other.
"You are seriously going to pretend like you cant see the car and where it belongs?" The other guy says.
"I dont care where your car belongs, for all I know you could have stolen that car and used it to come here and maybe kill me." They laugh. Like really laugh. They really think this is a joke. I'm going to show them who is in charge here. Hawks or not, this is my house, kukhala esami iscathulo (I call the shots!). Okay truthfully kukhala intonto likaNomonde (Nomonde calls the shots.) But at this very moment these ones dont need to know that.

"You imagination is wild Radebe." The Indian guy says.
"Right. Why would we even want to kill you?" The other one asks.
"I dont know. Just like I still dont know why you're parked outside my house in the middle of the day."
"Like we said, we only want to talk." The Indian guy again. He must be the boss of these two.
"Okay. Am I under arrest?"
"No!" He says.
"Good. Then if a conversation is all you want to have you'll follow me into the house and we'll talk. If you cant do that, then please get off my property." I start the car and drive in.

I leave the gate open and wait for them to make their move. Their Golf drives in a few minutes after.
"What's happening Lungelo?" Nomonde asks, I can see she is freaked out. Police arent her favourite people in the world so I understand her worry. I take her hand and kiss it.
"Dont worry Sthandwa sam, I'll fix this, whatever this is. Okay. Go inside and get the gogo's out to the pool. I dont want them seeing these men in the house." She nods her head and gets out.

I get out and these two are already leaning on their car with arms and legs crossed. I open the boot and take out the luggage. I drag the first suitcase and place it by the door. I come back for the other two before coming back to get the small bags. I walk for a while and realize these two arent following me.
"Are you coming?" I ask. They look at each other and I could have sworn I saw fear in their eyes.
"Your mothers told us to not go in there so no, we'll have this conversation right here." I want to laugh so bad. I'm not sure what those two did or said to scare the living daylights out of people who deal with criminals everyday. Even though they called me to tell me about these men, they didnt go into detail about what happened. But judging from their fear, it must be huge.

My Sisters Keeperजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें