19

Teenagers who wake up early are a different breed I swear. I woke up at half past six to find Bontle staring at me like she was seeing me for the first time. It was both creepy and cute in my opinion.

"Its kind of weird waking up next to you." She said looking down at me.
"Tell me about it. But since you woke up early why am I not getting breakfast in bed?" She laughed and laid back down on the bed.
"Hha ma, I'm the guest here, if anyone should be getting breakfast in bed it's me."
"Who is the adult between you and me?" I asked looking at her. She mumbled something before getting up.
"I cant wait to be an adult too then I can demand breakfast in bed from you." I laughed as she walked out to the kitchen. Knowing her, she will make porridge just because I asked for breakfast in bed.

My phone rings from under my pillow. I pick it up and see Lungelo's name flash on the screen. This phone is so loud even Bontle can hear it all the way from the kitchen, that's why she is busy screaming for me to pick it up. I press the green button and put the phone on loudspeaker since my speaker has mood swings. Sometimes when I speak to anyone they can't hear me even if I can hear them, so when I'm at home it's easier to just put the phone on loudspeaker.

"Hello."
"I hope I'm not disturbing your sleep?" His deep husky voice bellowed from the other side.
"No, I was up already."
"Good. I was calling to see if i can take you and Bontle out for breakfast."
"Yes, yes you can." Bontle said walking into the bedroom. I swear this child needs prayer. Lungelo laughed and for some strange reason all I could think about was his one dimple.
"I'm sorry about that, my daughter can be a bit forward for her own good."
"Hhay ma, the man asked a question and all I did was answer. Yes we would like breakfast please." She said speaking into the speaker.
"Ok then, I'll be there in thirty minutes. Be ready." He said and I could tell he finds all this amusing.

Soon as he hung up I threw a pillow at Bontle who was laughing her lungs out and jumping around.
"I still want my breakfast wena phaphelina."
"Shem you will eat your soft porridge alone mine I'm going to order bacon and eggs." She said sashaying out to the bathroom.

I smiled looking at her thanking the heavens that inspite of all she's been through she can still laugh and just be a teenager. Annoying and headstrong at times but still happy. And that's all I could ever ask for.

Lungelo showed up thirty minutes later as promised. We got into the car and Bontle wouldn't stop talking, even when I asked her to keep it down. It was kind of nice to see Lungelo being so accommodating and answering her questions. We got to the mall and Lungelo led us to Mugg 'n' Bean. We sat down and a waiter placed the menus in front of us.

We had our breakfast and I must admit Lungelo is good with Bontle, but then again she asks a thousand questions per minute. I even found out Lungelo has a degree in Bio Chemical Engineering and he only did it cause his father wanted him to have a proper career but he had his heart set on being a business man, which he was able to achieve after getting his degree.

After breakfast we drive to eMlazi to fetch my mother since she was going back home. When we got there we waited for her in the car and I could tell soon as she walked up to us that she has so many questions. I introduced her to Lungelo and made it clear he was just my boss. But the scoff she made after that was clear enough to say she didnt believe anything I said.

She got in the car nonetheless but I could see on the rearview mirror she had her eyes set on Lungelo the entire time. He even noticed too and I could tell he was getting uncomfortable. Bontle on the other hand was busy giggling under her breath.

We went back to the flat to get Bontle's things then Lungelo drove us to the taxi rank so they can get a taxi home before it gets late. Lucky for us when we got there the taxi was almost full. I stayed with them for a while, waiting for the taxi to get full. When the last person got in I said my goodbyes.