14

Mornings are Gods way of saying heres one more chance, to live, to start over and blah blah blah. I dont remember the last part but that's what my mum always told us growing up. She always said Yesterday is gone, enjoy today and prepare for tomorrow. And I've lived with that my whole life. Even when I was in jail it was my daily reminder. With all the hell that happened in there, these words became my anchor and calm in the middle of the storm.

I woke up and stretched my arms. I don't know when I fell asleep but the last thing i remember is celebrating Chief's win with Lungelo in his house. I looked around and there is no way in hell this was my bedroom. It was a beautiful room with nude coloured paint with splashes of coloured here and there. I looked at the clock on the side of the table and the numbers 7:30 were boldly visible. I sat up so fast remembering I didnt go to work last night. Holy fuck.

I quickly got up and opened the first door i saw and it was a closet, i presume this must be a guest bedroom since the closet didnt have much stuff in it, just towels and a bathrobe. I grabbed the bathrobe and opened the second door where I found the bathroom. This room is huge. I quickly jumped in the shower and got out in less than ten minutes. I opened the cabinet and found some women's toiletries. I decided to use them. The owner will just have to forgive me.

I went back to the bedroom and put on my Jean's and tshirt. My sneakers were sitting pretty by the door. I made the bed before putting them on and walking out. I walked down the stairs and smelt something coming from somewhere. I decided to follow the scent and it led me to the kitchen. Lungelo was busy on the stove cooking something with his headphones on. He was topless with just shorts and slippers on. I wonder how many times he works out in a week, I'm pretty sure its everyday, theres no way in hell he got all that definition and muscles from playing around in the gym once a week.

The lion head tattoo on his back seemed to follow his movements every time he used his muscles. I sat down on the highchair and rested my chin on my curled up hands and watched him kove around. He turned after a while and almost dropped the pan when he saw me there.

"Hey, you're up." He said almost sounding disappointed while pulling the headphones away from his ears.
"Hi, how long have I been sleeping?"
"Long enough to miss work." He put a plate in front of me and dished up the scrambled eggs.
"I'm sorry."
"Dont be, you looked tired and I didnt want to wake you. I called Thulani and told him that you weren't feeling okay." He poured a cup of coffee and placed it in front of me with some toast and sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese. I havent had a breakfast like this in forever. Although I am grateful to him for calling Thulani I still couldn't help over thinking about the money I just lost. The tips alone you have gone a long way.

I picked up the fork and started eating. I could hear him talking but I had no idea what he was saying. My brain was still trying to process the fact that I just lost a shitload of money that could have gone a long way in helping Bontle when she gets to varsity next year.

"Anyways I was thinking of getting a couple of strippers to give you a lap dance."
"That would be nice."
"And then we can have a threesome with one of them."
"Cool."
"You're not listening to me are you?"
"Right."
"Nomonde!" He half shouted bringing me back to the present.
"What?"
"Did you hear anything I just said?" I tried to filter my mind to figure out what he said but all I could come up with was strippers and threesomes. Why would I even be thinking about that? But I know I'm not letting these words leave my head.
"I'm sorry, I just have a lot on my mind."
"Like what?"
"I missed work."
"I know that. It's just one day Nomonde, it's not a train smash."
"No, but I did just miss out on some good tips."
"Its just money. You can make it back tonight."
"That's easy for you to say."
"Okay tell you what, since you missed work because of me, how about I pay you for the night."
"Thank you but no thanks. I'm just overreacting. Thank you for breakfast. I need to go home and get ready for my shift."
"Ok, I'll drive you." He gets up and heads upstairs.