17

Comfortable beds should be a necessity. Heck, government needs to make sure everyone has a comfortable bed to sleep in every night. This bed feels like a cloud. Comfortable and just right. Last night after speaking to Lungelo I fell asleep without even trying. I don't know when last I had a proper good sleep. But this bed though, well I'm not sure if it's the bed or the environment I'm in. Either way I am glad to have actually slept this time.

I opened my eyes and the sun was already shining through the window bringing its warmth and glow inside the house. The Joy's of having private property, you dont even have to close the curtains at night. I felt something heavy on my waist. I looked down and it was an arm. The scared little cat in me thought it was someone who had broken in until I turned slowly and found Lungelo snoring next to me. I took a deep breath when I saw it was him. I wonder when he came back.

I slowly moved his arm and got up. I went to the bathroom and peed before taking a shower. I wrapped a towel around me and went to the guest bedroom. I lotioned my body and put on some fresh clothes. I headed downstairs to make breakfast. I finished cooking and put everything on a tray to take upstairs.

I turned around and found Lungelo sitting on the highchair with his elbows resting on the counter watching me, giving me a freight. I smiled and put the tray in front of him.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked as he threw a sausage in his mouth.
"Its almost twelve o'clock."
"Exactly, its still early." I dished up for myself and sat down across from him.
"So where were you?"
"Joburg, I had some things to take care of."
"Mhmm. So you left a stranger in your house and went to another province? What if you came back to an empty house." He smiles as he chews and his dimple makes an appearance.
"I know where you live. Besides I trust you."

I smile trying to figure out what he is hiding. See in the few weeks that I've known him, he is readable, when  he wants to be, and right now he is hiding something. It seems like he has a lot going on in his head. I wanted to ask what's going on but I also didn't want to impose. We might be spending more time together but that doesn't mean I have to stick my nose in his business.

We finished breakfast and I took the plates and washed them while he went upstairs to, I guess take a shower. I finished up and went up to the guest bedroom to pack my stuff. Even though it's been fun being in this little bubble it's time I went back to reality. I took my nag and went back downstairs.

I put the bag on the floor and sat down on the couch. I put the TV on and played some music. He walked down the stairs looking like he was stepping into a music video. He walked to me and sat down. He lifted his one leg and rested it on the couch and faced me.

"Can we talk?" I turned to look at him with my heart beating faster than a horses hooves at the Durban July. I looked at him straight in the eye.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothings wrong. I found out something when I was in Joburg. In fact I met someone who asked me to help them find a, close friend, I guess."
"Okay, so what has that got to do with me?" "The friend they are looking for, is you?" I know for a fact I have no friends in Joburg. The only friend I used to have severed ties with me when I went to jail, my sister knows where I live so there is no way in hell anyone would be looking for me.
"I dont have friends in Joburg, so maybe whoever that was made a mistake."
"I dont think so. They seemed certain that you were the one they are looking for."

I racked my brain trying to figure out who would even take the time out of their busy life to look for me. I know its not the Mashile's. Those ones probably have people following me and watching my every move, so it cant be them. So who could possibly be looking for me and why?

"Okay, so who is it that is supposedly looking for me cause I cant figure it out."
"She said her name is Bonolo Mashile, apparently you were married to her brother." My heart went from sprinting to slow motion in less than a second. When I went to jail Bonolo was fourteen years old. Of all the Mashile's she was the only one who had faith in me when I said I was innocent. Back then it felt good to have someone from that family believe in me, but I knew eventually everyone would poison her against me and she wouldn't look at me the same way again. So why is she looking for me now? I cleared my throat and tried to bring my mind back to the present.