24

I didn't think I would enjoy working again this much. But everything seems to be coming along just right. I love my job even though most of my colleagues are graduates straight out of varsity but it's perfect cause they teach me new things everyday.

It's the last day of the week and some of my colleagues roped me into going  to a club with them. I agreed and we went out and had the time of our lives. It was fun, although they drink like fish and dance the whole night long. When I left them at around midnight they were ready to move to another club but I had to put my foot down and go back home and sleep.

I called an uber and headed home. I wish Lungelo was here though but he is busy with his brothers working my case. And for the first time in a long time I'm actually anxious to find out the truth. Even though I wanted to help, Lungelo assured me they got everything under control so I let them be. I havent seen Bonolo since that day i accidentally walked in on her at Lungelo's house. I'm really not even sure I want to see her. I know i shouldn't be punishing her for her family's sins but i just dont want anything to do with that family except knowing the truth and who set me up and why.

I woke up on Saturday and spring cleaned the house and did my laundry. Since I'm not working today and Lungelo is busy I decided to do some work. Good thing I brought work home yesterday. I sat down on the couch and got to work when I heard a knock on the door. I figured it must be Lungelo. I got up and opened and to my surprise Bonolo was standing there.

"Hi!" She said nervously.
"Hi."
"Can we talk?" I opened the burglar door and stood aside to let her in. "Look I know you dont want anything to do with me or my family but I just thought I'd come check up on you." She sat down on the couch. I sat down across from her not sure how I should actually act right now. "Uhm...... hows Bontle?"
"She's fine. Grown." She smiled and strangely enough her smile reminded me of Bontle's. Come to think of it Bontle looks like Bonolo when she was younger.
"I bet."
"Thank you, for helping with my case. Lungelo told me it was all your idea." She shrugged her shoulders and played with her hands.
"I just want to prove your innocence."
"Why?" Okay that might have came out rather harshly.
"Because I believe you Nomonde. I know you'd never try to hurt my family like that, and the fact that everyone believed you were guilty didnt sit right with me."
"Thanks, for believing me."
"I should get going. I just wanted to make sure you're ok,  but I also dont want to overwhelm you with my presence." She said as she got up. I got up and walked her to the door.

I hugged her and let her go. I know I should have been a bit kinder or welcoming, but I cant help the walls that automatically go up whenever I come into contact with a Mashile. I've learnt to keep those people at a safe distance, the only good thing they ever did for me was my babygirl. Other than that, they can all go burn. I texted Lungelo and told him that Bonolo was here, I also asked him to make sure she stays as far away from me as possible. No, I dont hate her, I just prefer not to be anywhere close to her family.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

KHANYA

Digging up dirt on the Mashile's seemed like a mission and a half at first but once I got to piecing certain pieces together I realised that family isnt as squeaky clean as they would like to pretend they are. Bonolo told me she suspected Nomonde's sister had something to do with setting up her sister and sending her straight to jail. And now I have all the pieces of the puzzle, and unfortunately this little puzzle goes further up than we thought.

I figured it would take a lot to expose these people. If we expose Amanda's hand in this, the family might disown her like they did Nomonde and they will come out of this as victims and that will throw this little exposé out the window. And if we expose Malcolm and his hand in this they will find a way to twist it and make it seem like Amanda was the mastermind behind it all, afterall she had more to gain than Malcolm. All he got to do was hide his sexuality and the fact that he sleeps with some of the high profile man in parliament. And in this day and age people will pity him having to hide out of fear of being victimized, I mean fifteen years ago being gay wasnt as 'normal' as it is today. So that might go left.