15

Lungelo was clearly serious about getting an auditor to go through the clubs books. By the time we got to work the next day there was commotion happening. People weren't sure what was happening and why, all they said when we asked is that some nerdy guy showed up with a briefcase and asked for the clubs books and he's been locked in the office for hours now.

We decided to focus in work and let the guy do his job. It was the weekend anyway and it would be kak packed today, plus there's some artists coming so we will have to drink a bunch of energy drinks just to get through the night.

As expected the crowds starting streaming in around ten. The thing about clubs that I've noticed, the fun doesnt begin until after ten towards midnight, so we know once the clock hits 9:30 we know the people are coming. And for us it means the tips are coming in too.

I havent seen Lungelo since I got here and the auditor has been in the office for almost twelve hours now. He did order some food and one of the waiters brought it up to him. I saw Lungelo come in behind a crowd of rowdy and probably already drunk girls, he was looking at them like they were crazy. For someone who owns a club shouldn't he be happy that they are here to spend money.

He went past us and went to the office. The auditor left the club just before midnight. I wonder what he found. Hopefully it's not too bad, cause when I looked at the books yesterday it seemed like the theft had been going on for a while.

When the last patron's left around four in the morning we started cleaning up. Bonsile and I together with the other bartender made sure the glasses were clean and everything was in its rightful place before we left. Even though we didn't have to do the cleaning now, it helped make sure we can come in a little later the following day.

We went to get our bags and got ready to leave when we found Lungelo and Muzi sitting around the bar with the others standing before them. It looked like a meeting of some sorts. We decided to join the crowd and find out what's happening.

"Is everybody here?" Muzi asked looking around. We turned and looked around too and from the looks of it everyone was here, except Thulani of course since he was helping with the pre opening of the Joburg club.
"Since everyone is here, I'm sure you are all wondering what the guy who was locked in the office was doing the whole day, well he is an auditor and he is here to audit the club. Theres been a revelation that happened recently, I found out that someone was stealing from the club. I've suspected this for a while now but a reliable source made me realize it was true." He said the last words looking at me. If I was any lighter my cheeks would be tomato red by now, but I thank God and my mother for my chocolate skin.

One of the waiters raised his hand up to speak. Lungelo nodded his head allowing him to speak.
"Boza, manje kuzowenzakalani uma umthola lomuntu obhathulayo (what will happen when you find the person who is stealing?)"
"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
For now I need you to go home and rest. We have a long day tomorrow." He said and the crowd started dispersing. I was about to follow suit when I felt his hand on my arm. He waited until everyone was a bit further away before he spoke to me. "Dont leave, I'll be out just now." He said then walked up to the office.

I got out and found Bonsile waiting outside too. The staff was also waiting for the staff transport to show up.

"I wonder who is brave enough to steal from Lungelo?" One of the waitresses said to no one in particular.
"Whoever it is better make sure their funeral policy is up to date." Another one answered.
"Oh come on, stop exaggerating, Lungelo is nice, the worst that could happen is the person going to jail." Another replied as they made their way to the taxi that was already parked. Bonsile and I looked at each other and laughed.