59

MY SISTERS KEEPER

FIFTY NINE

I'm nervous. I don't know how Nomonde will take all this. I know she'll probably be mad but my biggest fear is her losing the baby. I read somewhere that the first trimester is a sensitive time for a pregnant woman and during that period there is a higher chance for a miscarriage, especially if she is stressed out. And I know telling her that I'm part of a cartel might just stress her out a bit.

I woke up early and went to my study. I should be sleeping right now but my nerves wont let me. I figured I would keep myself busy with some work while my baby sleeps. I took out my phone from the safe and switched it on. I found a voicemail from Philani. I called him back. The call went straight to voicemail. I took my daily phone and called him on his usual number. He picked up after the first ring.

"Come home." I hung up and waited for him to call me back on the burner phone. Since their phones have been bugged we cant really talk about important things on our usual lines. My burner phone rang a few minutes after that. I picked it up.

"Good morning."
"Its not a good morning. I should be between my wife's warm thighs but here I am talking to you. So no, it's not a good morning." Trust him to complain about sex. I just chuckled and pretended not to have heard anything he said.
"How are you this morning Ntshangase?" I hear him groan in frustration.
"I will shoot you. What do you want." All I can do is laugh. His appetite for sex is way above average and lucky for him his wife can handle him.
"I need advice. So I'm planning on telling Nomonde everything, problem is, she's pregnant." I hear him whistle.
"Congratulations. So you don't shoot blanks afterall."
"Man fuck off." He laughs.
"Hey, we were beginning to worry about you. Atleast our prayers have been answered."
"Do you even know how to say the Lords prayer? Anyways help me out, what do I do?" He sighs.
"How far along is she?"
"About ten weeks."
"Then dont do it. If you're going to tell her you'll have to tell her about everything. And in her condition it might be a bit much. Wait until she gives birth then you can tell her."
"Maybe you're right. But now I need to tell her something that's believable."
"Figure it out man. But make sure it wont leave her with more questions."
"Right. Listen, your sister in law, the one with an events company. Can she help me plan my wedding?"
"I'm sure she can, at the right price."
"Money is not a problem."
"I'll send you her number."
"Cool. Thanks man."

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I guess my decision is made. I want Nomonde to know the truth, but not just yet. I got up and went to the kitchen to start on breakfast. But then I remembered I dont know what she wants. These days she eats a whole lot of things I dont know. So I guess I'll wait for her to wake up first.

I went to the gym to get a workout in before the day begins. About ten minutes into it I feel someone watching me. I put down the weight and turn around to look and just my luck, it's my baby.
"Hey, I didn't know you were up." I take a seat on the press bench. She said nothing, instead she sashayed over to me with the tiny silk nightdress. I found myself looking at her thighs instead of her. The nightdress was short enough to be tantalizing yet long enough to be decent.

I swallowed the lump of saliva as she got closer to me. As tiny as she is, I could see her body was changing. Her hips were becoming wider and her boobs were beginning to fill up the cups of the nightdress. Just looking at her made me hard. She got to me and straddled me. The pregnancy gods must really love me, as much as this pregnancy is making her all sorts of horny I cant help feeling like I'm the one who just won.

She crossed her arms behind my neck, bringing my face direct to her delicious boobies.
"You said you'd tell me everything when you came back. You're back now so spill." Who needs lie detector test when women are alive and well. With just the right moves a woman can suck all your deep dark secrets. Thats how humanity got kicked out of the garden of Eden anyway.