85

MY SISTERS KEEPER

EIGHTY FIVE

Sea, sun, sand, fresh breeze and lots and lots of cocktails, virgin cocktails but  cocktails nonetheless. We've been in Camps Bay for almost four days now but I already need new luggage from all the shopping we've been doing. These girls can shop. I guess it helps that they have black, no limit cards. Well their husbands do. I have millions in my bank account but I still draw up a budget every month end. I need to know how much I'm spending and where. Old habits die hard I guess.

We rented a house in Camps Bay for the trip. It was beautiful and private. It had a huge pool and a private beach. I've watched the sunrise twice now and I can safely say, it looks so much better here. Okay maybe that's an exaggeration, but its beautiful.

Lungelo and the guys are out by the pool drinking and braaiing while we make the pap and salads. We decided to have a braai before going back home in a couple of days. I miss my baby. Although I call home every two hours I still miss her. Even a video call doesn't do much for me. I want to hold her chubby cheeks and kiss them all day long. I'm pretty sure I wont be able to cope when I go back to work.

"Earth to Nomonde." Buli says snapping her fingers in my face. "He is right outside, there is no need to daydream about him." She says and we all erupt in laughter.
"I was actually thinking about my baby. I miss her." I hear ncoohs and I blush.
"Two more days and she'll be back in your arms." Lando says.
"I guess. How will I cope when I go back to work? When I had Bontle I didnt need to work as much, but now its different."
There is absolutely nothing different. You have millions in your bank account, you have a husband who is monied, you can always be a stay at home mum." Taki says. She has all that and she's still teaching.
"True. But you all have that too and you still have jobs."
"I dont." Kazi says lifting her glass in the air. We laugh and raise our glasses too.
"So you went to school to sit at home with that degree?" Taki asks. I'm also wondering the same thing.
"Of course I'm using it. I studied Business management and I help Sizwe with his businesses." She answers, clearly not convincing cause we are all looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"And how many times a year do you do that?" Faith asks.
"Once a month, like a period." She answers and sips her champagne. We all laugh. We continue cooking while chatting about anything and everything. From the outside you would think they are snobs but once you get to know them they are actually sweet and kind. I think I'm going to enjoy getting to know them better.

We were almost done with cooking when some guy barged into the house with a file in his hand. He looked like he had some pressing matters to discuss.

"Sbusiso, you do know they are on vacation right?" Lando asks. The guy smiles and scratches his head.
"Eish sisters, I know but this is urgent. But I'll be out of your hair in no time." He answers.
"You need a girlfriend. Are you sure you've exhausted all avenues to find one? I can help you, you know. I know a whole lot of people." I've concluded that Buli has absolutely zero filter. But Sbusiso doesn't seem to mind cause he is laughing.
"I'll let you know when I'm ready to meet someone." He says. Buli rolls her eyes and walks away.
"They are out by the pool." Taki tells him. He nods his head and walks out.

"Theres trouble." Kazi says.
"What kind of trouble.?" I ask. I'm just getting to know these people and since Lungelo works with them I might as well familiarize myself with the in's and out's of this group. I cant be the weakest link. If there is even such a thing.
"Sbu never interrupts a holiday unless its important. I wonder what they did?" She asks absentmindedly. Her eyes are still locked in the direction Sbusiso went.

Lando leaves us and tiptoes to the door that opens up to the pool. She's listening in on their conversation, but judging by the frown on her face I don't think she can hear clearly. She gives up after about two minutes and comes back to the kitchen.
"What's happening?" Faith asks the question we all want to know. Buli come back with a fresh bottle of champagne and sits on the counter.
"I'm not sure yet. All I know is that whatever trouble they are in,it involves the hawks." Lando answers.
"That bad huh?" Buli says with the glass in her mouth.