41

When things are good you would think they will never change and when they are bad you would think the bad times will never end. But I have learnt to enjoy the good times and hold on through the bad times till they pass.

Being in Joburg has been a major learning experience. I've learnt so much from the auditors and the other accountants. I've relearnt so many things I had totally forgotten. And one thing I am grateful for is that everyone is willing to help whenever I get stuck. Although there's been a couple of people who dont like the idea of me even being here but i am grateful for the kind and helpful ones.

We are halfway through the audit. Lungelo is probably counting down the seconds till I go back home. He calls me any chance he gets. If it were up to him he would be here with me, I've even had to stop him a few times from coming here cause I know if he comes I'll be distracted. I need to focus right now so I can take a step up the ladder in my career. Yes I have a career. It still amazes me all the time. A year ago I would have neve even dreamed of this.

We finished working for the day. Since its Friday we ended our work early. We are supposed  to work tomorrow but because we've been so far ahead with our work Zonkhe decided to give us the weekend off. As great as that is I will be bored all alone here, now I regret stopping Lungelo from coming. I have a meeting with Khanya later. He said he had an update on the lawsuit. I just pray I dont have to go to court and have to recount every horrible moment I've gone through in jail.

We left work and headed straight to the hotel. A few of the others were planning on going out to the club just to let their hair down. If I didnt have this meeting with Khanya I would have probably joined them, but this is important.

I got to the hotel and took a shower. I changed to a flower print A-line dress. I put on some strappy heels and did a natural look on my face. The fact that I have mastered make up in just a few months, I need a huge pat on the shoulder. I requested an uber and headed to the restaurant where I would be meeting with Khanya. I found a text on my phone soon as I got to the restaurant. Khanya was running late.

I got in and was led to a table that Khanya had pre booked. I ordered a glass of red wine while waiting for him. I was enjoying this solo date until a descendant of satan straight from the pits of hell decided to invade my space.

"You look good."
"I know. What do you want Paul?" He called the waiter over and ordered a glass of Jameson whiskey. I guess his taste hasn't changed much.
"How's Bontle?"
"You're her father, maybe you should call her and ask her. Oh wait, you dont even have her number and yet you think you can get custody of her. Tragic."
"Look, I know I fucked up and I also know I have a lifetime to make up for, but she is still my child and you can't stop me from being in her life."
"You're right. I can't stop you, but she can. She wants nothing to do with you Paul, your money can buy you the world but it will never buy you Bontle's live or acceptance. At some point, you are gonna have to accept that and live with it."
"Maybe if you stopped feeding her with all the lies of what actually happened she might give me a chance." I laughed out loud. I even saw a few eyes looking at me as I laughed.

"You really underestimate her dont you? Bontle is sixteen going on seventeen. Your name is on her birth certificate, she knows how to use a computer, do you really think all she knows about you she got from me or my mother? Really Paul. Your family is all over the internet, everyone knows who you are. The only thing she got from my mother was how you and your family made sure to have me locked up for a crime I didn't commit. If she chooses to hate you for that then that's on you."

I saw him clench his jaws a bit from frustration. I wasnt sure if it was because he realised that he can't just waltz into Bontle's life and expect to be father of the year or it was because he hates losing. But I didnt care cause Khanya walked in with Lungelo behind him. I had the goofiest smile on my face just seeing him. Love can really turn you into an idiot.