100 (5)

MY SISTERS KEEPER

ONE HUNDRED (PART FIVE)

When I got out of prison I wanted just a few things, nothing major, just to feel the breeze on my face, the beach sand between my toes, to see the sun rise and set and to see my mom and daughter up close and personal. That's all I wanted. Nothing could have prepared me for the drama that became my life. But u wouldnt trade it for anything in the entire world.

It's been more than two years since I walked out of prison with nothing more than a Mr Price plastic bag filled with broken dreams and years of pain. With all the plans I had, I never would have dreamed that a mere bartending job would lead me to finding the love of my life, being given an opportunity to prove my innocence and live a life I've probably only read in novels.

I've been up since four thirty just to watch the sun rise. Although I do this every day, today it's different. Today the sun rises with an ending to a year long process of bringing Paul to justice for what he did. His trial has been one for the books. With Bonolo as his lawyer he stood trial for all his crimes, and today, he gets his sentencing. He tried, Lord knows he tried to deny everything that happened, but eventually he had to accept defeat. 

To be honest, I didn't think he would make it to the end of the week of his arrest, I thought by then he would have been sipping tea with his ancestors, but the gang has been silent on his punishment. But one thing I do know, they have plenty of plans for him, when those plans will be carried out though, now that's a mystery. And I'm pretty sure Paul himself knows that the shoe can drop at anytime, anyday.

I feel Lungelo's arms wrap around my neck and his lips on the top of my head.
"I know you love the sunrise but the bed is cold without you." I chuckle and take a sip of my tea.
"But I'm right here. Besides, you should have slept a little longer, I was coming back."
"Well it's too late. How are you feeling?"
"I dont know. A bit anxious. I'm worried about Bontle."
"She seems to be taking this well."
"I guess. I cant help worrying about her still."
"You need to stop stressing yourself. You know it's not good for you or the baby." He lowers his hands and wraps them around my ever expanding mid section. It took him a while to warm up to me being pregnant again, especially after all that happened when I was pregnant with Imi.

"Relax, I am not stressing." I feel his lips on my neck kissing me. I arch my neck a bit letting him do what he needs to do. I turn around to face him and his lips move to mine. Any other day I would let this go on but we have a sentencing to attend.
"We need to get ready for court Baba." He pulls out of the kiss and throws his head back sighing.
"And we have a doctor's appointment." And theres that too. This pregnancy is a miracle all on its own, but thanks to Iminathi's dramatic arrival now I need to see the doctor twice a week until I give birth just so they know we are on the right track. This pregnancy is a high risk one, although there hasn't been any major issues but the doctor's want to be cautious. And yes I say doctors because this man has four doctors that are just a phone call away.

We go to the bathroom and take a shower together. When we are done he helps me by wiping and lotioning me. He has taken over doing all that, anyone who sees him wouldnt think a year ago he was laying in a hospital bed fighting for his life and then had to undergo a few physiotherapy sessions. And then had to have surgery to finally remove the bullet from his ribcage six months ago. But here he is taking care of me instead of things being the other way around. I wonder how I got so lucky.

We get dressed and get ready to attend Paul's appearance in court. While Lungelo was getting dressed I walked out and went to check on Imi. I got into her room and she is already playing with her toys on the floor. At eighteen months old she's figured a way to wake up and get off the cot and down to the floor. All that's left now is for her to learn to open the door and we will find her in the kitchen making breakfast.