73

SEVENTY THREE

I watched Nomonde as she walked into the house leaving me alone with this woman. As much  as I know I need to be with her I also need to fix this. I cant have Lily ruin the life I have with Nomonde. I just cant.

"Why are you here?" She points to her bump and I swear this girl is out to ruin my life. "I'm not a doctor so I cant help you with that. I can direct you to a hospital though." She chuckles.
"You're funny. This.." she points to her tummy again. "Is yours. And since I have nowhere else to go I figured baby daddy will have to help too. I mean I've been doj g this alone for eight and a half months so it's only right." She answers with a smirk on her face.
"Why did it take you this long to tell me that it's my child? Or maybe you were going down the list of all the men you've slept with and ticking them off one by one? And now you're here." Her face changed and she sat back down.
"You can insult me all you want but it wont change the facts. I need a place to stay."
"Go home mosi. I'm pretty sure you have a family somewhere." She chuckles and looks up at me.
"Really? Go home, eNkandla, to have my baby there while baby daddy lives large in the city? That's a very tempting idea but no. I'm not going there."
"Okay, so where are you going to stay?"
"You tell me. Unless you want me to have the baby on the street." I sighed.

She might be right, and she might be playing me also. And the only way to solve this would be a DNA test, but I know doing a DNA test before birth would pose a danger to the baby and if it is mine, I cant have that.
"Come in. I'll figure something out." I walked past her.
"Arent you going to help me with the bags?"
"This isn't a hotel Lily. So dont try me." I walked into the house and left her outside to find her way.

I found Nomonde in the kitchen sitting on the counter with a bottle of mayonnaise and a spoon, eating the mayonnaise from the bottle. I walked up to her and stood between her legs.
"Hey." If looks could kill I'm sure I'd be on the floor right now, dead. "I'm sorry, I'll fix this okay?"
"Did you cheat on me?"
"No. I would never do that. All this happened before you and I met."
"Was she your girlfriend?"
"No. Just someone i used to hook up with."
"Did you pay her for the hook ups?"
"Eish."
"Did you?"
"Sometimes. Look i know how this looks but i promise you I'll fix it."
"If you say so."
"Nomonde, I promise you I'll get to the bottom of this." Lily comes in dragging her suitcase behind her.
"So which room am I using?" I look at Nomonde and she is looking straight at me. I really need to sort this out. "Never mind. I'll find it myself." She drags her suitcase up the stairs.

"How long will she be staying here?"
"A day or two. I need to find her a place to stay."
"How far along is she?"
"She says eight and a half months. I'm not sure."
"Right. So what's the probability of the child being yours?" I sighed and stood back with my back resting on the kitchen island.
"Honestly, I'm not sure. Until I have DNA tests done I can't say."
"Okay then. I'm going to take a shower. I'm tired and I need sleep."
"Okay, I'll be up in a second. I'll order food." I helped her down the counter and she walked out of the kitchen. I stood there wiping the sweat from my forehead. U know Nomonde is nice and sweet but I feel bad that I even have to put her through this. I hate the fact that she's si calm about this. Honestly I'd feel so much better if she screamed and shouted, or something. Because right now I feel like she is holding things in and I dont want her to keep things bottled up.

I order the food and decide to go upstairs to check on Lily. I go to the guest bedroom and its empty. I go to the other bedroom and it's also empty. The other room I'm turning into a nursery so its empty, she cant be in there. The only other rooms available are the main bedroom and Bontle's room. I head to Bontle's room and she is sitting on the bed with her legs up and she's busy on her phone smiling.

"This is not a guest room." She looks up and looks around the room.
"Its empty. Plus it's pretty, I like it." She answers with a grin on her face. Lucky for me she hasn't unpacked her luggage.
"This is my daughter's room, you are not allowed in here. Now get your things and I'll show you where to sleep."
"Since when do you have a daughter?"
"None of your business. Get off the bed and let's go. I dont have all day."
"My legs are swollen, and I'm tired. I'll move to the other bedroom later." I'm seriously being tested right now. I walk closer to her and she looks up and I see fear in her eyes. Perfect.
"I wont tell you again. This is my daughter's room and it's off limits. You are not allowed in here. So get your stuff and let's go." I guess she sees the seriousness in my face because she gets down mumbling whatever.