𝟎𝟐: 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐳𝐞

Thea sat on a picnic blanket while she watched Aiden take pictures of the abandoned Dragonfly Inn. Sometimes she liked going to the Dragonfly just to read because she liked how peaceful it was, although she could do without getting chased by the Armbrusters. She liked sitting on the porch, since she brought a chair there or even on a picnic blanket under a tree. 

She liked imagining that it was her home and she lived there with her friends once it got refurbished, maybe even had some children running around.

It was nearing sunset when Sage finally showed up.

Sage set his backpack on the picnic blanket and kissed the top of Thea's head.

"Our boyfriend is around here somewhere," Thea stated as Sage sat down.

"Okay," Sage replied as he opened his backpack. He stopped and looked at her, "Wait, what?" Thea laughed. "Just for that, you're not getting any wine that I took from my mom."

Thea rolled her eyes. She knew that Sookie allowed him to take it, just the one bottle, since she was of the mindset that if she acted like alcohol was some forbidden secret, it'll just make them seek it out more.

Besides, she wanted to be open with Sage about those types of things. She even told him about sex and how it was okay if he sought it out as long as he had condoms and the girl was sober and wanted it and that No Means No and Stop means Stop. She also told him that drinking alcohol was okay in moderation as long as he wasn't getting black-out drunk and never get in a car with a drunk person.

It was sort of like how Lorelai raised her and Rory – except for the sex thing. She had warned them about the dangers of sex (teen pregnancy) and guys who would pressure them into it. However, Annette told Thea that it was fine as long as she made sure the guy wore a condom and got away if he didn't wear one and to dump the guy if he tried to pressure her into having sex.

Annette also told her if the guy spread a rumor that they did have sex, to spread rumors about the guy having some disgusting fetishes. Annette also gave her a book called Forever... by Judy Blume to read, which was very informative.

So, she took a mug of wine that Sage handed her, and accepted a kiss that Sage gave her, and looked towards Aiden, who came out from the back of the inn.

"So, that's where you went," Thea told him.

"I wanted to see the back," Aiden said. "I forgot that this place existed." He sat down on the picnic blanket and took the bottle of wine from Sage and took a very long drink.

"Yeah, Fran owns it," Thea told him. "I come here sometimes."

"That explains tossing the ducks some bread and gunning for it when they were distracted," Aiden stated.

Thea nodded, "Yeah." She looked at the inn.

"I think Sookie and your mom would like to know this place exists," Sage said.

The idea of Lorelai taking something from her, scared her. This place was hers, not theirs. She didn't want them taking it from her. She wanted the inn a little longer.

"No. Don't tell them," Thea said. "Besides, Fran won't sell it anyway. It's like her baby and she doesn't want to abandon it."