𝟎𝟑: 𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚

Rory had gotten her application for Harvard in the mail. While that was good and all, Thea had gotten hers from Yale and Cornell University. The guidance counselor had recommended for her to send out seven university (four were for non-Ivy universities) applications and four applications were for 'safety' schools.

She had gotten an application from Princeton as well.

She only wanted to make Francine and Straub happy so she was going to apply there too. They never said that they wanted her to apply to Princeton, but she figured she should apply anyway. It was good to keep her options open.

Lorelai reacted like Rory had the goddamn Constitution.

"I feel dizzy," Rory told Lorelai.

Lorelai joked, "Are you sure that's not just the sight of Robert Reed in the tight clown pants?"

Rory glanced at the TV, "Oh, geez. Let the record show that when my application to Harvard arrived, we were watching The Brady Bunch Variety Hour."

Thea was sure that Harvard wouldn't care about that.

Lorelai said, "You don't lose points for that, do you?"

Rory said, "I hope not. Man, this morning I was reading Dead Souls – it couldn't have come then?"

Lorelai said, "Well, we'll just tell people that's what you were doing, and that I was studying a really big globe. They'll never know."

Rory asked, "You can keep a secret?"

Lorelai said, "Not so far, but there's always a first."

Rory said, "Dead Souls and a really big globe."

Lorelai said, "Deal." She looked at the TV, "Oh, kayaks!"

Thea looked at Rory, "You're going to be fine. They don't care about what you read or watch. Don't listen to her."

Aiden was doing his own college applications when Thea showed up to his house

"I hate these application fees," Aiden said to Thea, as she lounged on Aiden's bed. "I know I had some waived, but Jesus Christ."

Thea nodded in agreement, "I know. Francine and Straub paid for some of mine."

"I doubt I'll get accepted to even ten of these colleges because of that stupid suspension I had gotten," Aiden said. "Especially since how bad it sounds..." He chuckled darkly, "'inciting a riot.' Should've fought that."

"Aiden, you're stressing," Thea said. She did have that same thought, but she figured explaining what really happened would work. She applied for fourteen because that suspension was the death of her academic career.

"How can I not?" replied Aiden. 

"I have an idea," Thea said as she sat up and looked at Aiden. She waved him over, "Come here."