𝟏𝟏: 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬

Winter break went by uneventfully. Liberty usually had to work at the diner, Thea worked at the bakery, and Sage helped his mom out at the inn, trying to make sure that a disaster didn't happen. 

Sometimes, when Thea had a day off due to a slow day, she and Sage usually spent some alone time together in his bedroom. 

For Christmas, Sage had gotten her a female ragdoll kitten, that Thea named River, since he remembered that she had mentioned wanting to get a cat a while back.

Lorelai wasn't a cat person, so it made Thea love River even more, especially when River would roll around on Lorelai's stuff, getting fur everywhere and Lorelai would try to pull the item out from underneath the cat and River wouldn't budge, glar...

Lorelai wasn't a cat person, so it made Thea love River even more, especially when River would roll around on Lorelai's stuff, getting fur everywhere and Lorelai would try to pull the item out from underneath the cat and River wouldn't budge, glaring at Lorelai. Thea would flick her head and River would get up and move away because she listened to Thea.

Thea eventually bought River a cat tree and a large scratching post to use. She even set up a litter box in the upstairs and downstairs bathroom. Thea had gotten River a cat bed, but River preferred sleeping on Thea's bed.

Besides that, Aiden eventually came back from Wisconsin with his aunt and uncle. He had taken pictures with the new camera that Thea had given him and was bursting with stories about his trip. He had also brought back different cheeses that he had gotten. 

Georgia, too, had stories to tell, and decided that with all the cheese that Aiden had brought back, they'll talk about their trips with a cheese party.

However, it was planned at Aiden's house, but since Sage mentioned it to his mom, Sookie 'accidentally' ended up making a giant cheese spread for them at her house which included: almonds, walnuts, candied nuts, crackers, fresh fruit, marinated olives, hummus, artisan meats, sweets, and had herbs and flowers for decoration. Sookie had given them Pinot Wine to drink since it usually went with cheese.

Georgia had seemed annoyed that Sookie was the one who had taken over the cheese party, but conceded that Sookie had made it better.

The party went fine, Aiden was happy to say that his dad's life sentence had been reduced since his case has been looked over and they thought his life sentence was a little too much since what Aiden's 'mother' had done to Aiden and his unnamed friend, considering the circumstances and decided to reduce the sentence, even though it had been eight years since the murder. They figured that since Aiden's dad hadn't fought the sentencing believing he deserved it, that he showed remorse for his actions, and good behavior while incarcerated, they figured they could reduce his sentence or give him parole.

So, Aiden said that his dad would eventually go on parole; eventually. He didn't get a set date to be released, but it was being considered.

It was a happy moment for Aiden and Georgia really couldn't top that story, besides that she had gone to the zoo.