𝟏𝟏: 𝐀 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

On the next Friday Night Dinner, Thea wondered when this crap was going to end.

Emily had let them in.

"Thanks," Lorelai said. "Man, it's cold out there."

"I know," Rory replied. "I'm freezing."

Thea liked to think that her hatred towards these Friday Night Dinners kept her warm.

"Well, come on in and sit by the fire," Emily said. "I'll make you three a drink and then we can talk." She led them to the living room.

"About what?" asked Rory.

"Antennas up," Lorelai told Rory.

"Aye aye captain," Rory replied.

They went to the living room and sat on the couch.

Emily asked, "So Lorelai, how are you?"

"Um, I'm fine Mom," Lorelai replied confused.

Emily asked, "Rory?"

"I'm fine too, Grandma," Rory replied.

"Thea?" asked Emily, so Thea can't complain that she was ignored the entire evening.

"I'm not dead yet, so I got that going for me," Thea replied.

The other three looked at her weirdly, before Lorelai asked, "How are you, Mom?"

"Also fine," Emily replied.

"Oh, look at that," Lorelai said. "All three of us fine, just like the Judds."

Emily passed out drinks, "So Lorelai, are you dating?"

"Uh, hm, no, I'm not dating," Lorelai replied.

"Really?" Emily asked, "There's no one at all?"

"No, totally single," Lorelai replied.

Emily asked, "Any chance you'd get back with Max?"

Thea was pretty sure that there was no chance, since Lorelai ended the engagement to him.

"No, Mom, there's no chance," Lorelai replied.

"What about the man at the diner?" Emily asked, "The one who refuses to shave?"

Thea thought that Emily made it sound like Luke had a Dumbledore beard. She and her friends went to see the movie, because Aiden wanted to, and then afterwards, Georgia said that it was good, but all she saw was a bunch of 'white bread' which meant that there were too many white people, not enough Black people.

"Luke?" Lorelai said, "He's just a friend, Mom."

Emily asked, "Do you think you'll be single your entire life?"

"Excuse me?" asked Lorelai.

Thea thought that you don't really need someone to complete yourself.

Emily continued her interrogation, "I mean, in terms of your finding someone, what do you think the odds are"

"Okay, what is going on?" asked Lorelai.

"Well, I visited the family mausoleum today," Emily explained.

"Never what you think it's gonna be," Lorelai stated.

"I just wanted to check on things, make sure they were keeping it up, changing the flowers, you know," Emily continued explaining.

"Uh-huh," replied Lorelai.

"So I went inside and looked around and it occurred to me that there's a very limited space there," Emily kept explaining.