𝟏𝟑: 𝐃𝐚𝐝'𝐬 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

"I'm trying to figure out how this episode is supposed to be scary," Aiden said.

Thea and her friends were watching Are You Afraid of the Dark?, because Thea felt a little nostalgic.

They were watching The Tale of Locker 22.

"Yeah, I agree," Sage replied. "Hard to be scared when everyone is dressed up like they're going to go to Woodstock after school." 

"The thing I found scary is the girl picking up broken glass with her bare hands," Liberty said. "Like, 'girl, put on some gloves, you're gonna cut yourself.'"

Thea laughed at that.

Thea came home from Georgia's home to find Paris lurking outside the front door

Thea was confused, "Hey, Paris, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I just realized something for my and Rory's debate," Paris told her. "You got me before I could ring the doorbell."

Thea and Paris walked in the house to hear Rory saying, "Can't we find some other really fat people to watch?"

"Jesus, that sounded really messed up, Rory," Thea said. "By the way, Paris is here."

Rory got up from the couch and went to see what Paris wanted.

"You couldn't possibly be wondering what I'm doing here," Paris told Rory.

"I couldn't?" replied Rory.

"The debate's Friday and we need more preparation," Paris explained.

"More preparation? Paris – no two people know more about assisted suicide than the two of us. Kevorkian called today for a couple of tips," Rory said.

"I know we know the material but there's issues of presentation that need to be addressed," Paris said.

Rory asked, "Presentation?"

"I was listening to the CD I burned off the cassettes I made of our mock debates against the make-believe and I realized that you were not talking fast enough," Paris explained.

Rory asked, "What?"

"You're only doing 135 wpm," Paris told her.

"Wpm?" asked Rory.

"Words per minute," Thea said.

Paris made a motion like, 'see, she gets it.' "You talk slow."

"That's not slow," Rory said.

"It's Jimmy Bob slow," Paris told Rory.

Thea went upstairs.