𝟎𝟓: 𝐏𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

There was another Friday night dinner where Thea was ignored, but when Monday rolled around, she got up to make coffee.

She could hear loud music coming from Rory's room. When Thea was sitting on the window seat, she spotted Lane coming up, so she knew it was Lane in there.

Thea put her travel mug in the coffee maker.

She couldn't sleep well, because what happened in that locker room, her thoughts drifting to terrible things, like her being forced to do PE in her underclothes while everyone mocked her or pointed at her and laughed

So, she made her coffee extra strong.

There was a bake sale at Chilton, so Sookie was going to make things for it. Thea would've made something, but she knew it wouldn't have been good enough for the bake sale.

So, she was glad that there was some teacher work day that meant there was going to be a half-day. Since Sookie and Lorelai were going to be gone in Hartford, it'll be enough time for her and her friends to watch a movie or play a video game before heading on over to their part-time jobs.

Thea took two lemon squares out of the fridge that she brought home from the bakery.

Rory came out of her bedroom.

"Hey," Lorelai said. "I have an idea for a new reality show. How about everyone just looks out their freakin' kitchen for a change?"

"Ooh," Rory said, taking a lemon square from Thea's plate. "She's cranky this morning."

Thea wasn't sure if Rory was talking to her so she nodded.

"Let's just say the world has a formidable opponent," Lorelai said.

"Wait," Rory said. She turned onto Lorelai. "Shouldn't you be baking?"

"I don't know," Lorelai replied. "Shouldn't you be knitting?"

"Mom!" Rory said, "The Chilton bake sale is today!"

"I know," Lorelai replied. "I got it covered."

"They expect the things to be homemade," Rory explained.

"I know," repeated Lorelai.

"By someone other than Dolly Madison," Rory said.

"I said I have it covered," Lorelai replied.

"She has Sookie covering it for you," Thea told Rory. She took her travel mug, crammed the rest of her lemon square in her mouth, grabbed her backpack and took off.

She went to Luke's and sat at the bar counter.

Luke turned to her, "Good morning."

"I made my own coffee, because yours isn't strong enough for me today," Thea said. Luke looked briefly offended. "I couldn't sleep. I'll just get eggs benedict. Not very hungry right now."