𝟏𝟒: 𝐆𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬

Luke was looking for a brown leather ledger, which meant that Liberty employed her friends to help him look. Jess, however, was spending his time locked in the bathroom.

There was a knock on the apartment door, causing Luke to jerk, making a box and a lamp fall on top of him. "Ow!"

"Luke, are you okay?" asked Lorelai.

Thea was horrified at the sound of her mother's voice.

Luke said, "Stupid box! Stupid lamp!"

Lorelai asked, "Hey, Luke, are you being attacked by your possessions again?"

Thea considered hiding somewhere just to avoid the inevitable headache that she was going to endure watching Lorelai get her way with something.

Luke told them, "Keep searching." He went to answer the door.

"Hi," Lorelai greeted.

"Hi," Luke replied.

Lorelai asked, "Watcha doing?"

"I'm looking for my supply ledger," Luke said. "Libby had her friends help look for it." He glanced over his shoulder to see them standing around. In a louder tone, he repeated, "help look for it."

They went back to looking.

Lorelai asked, "Is it going well?"

"Never better," Liberty told her.

"Yeah, it's going fine," Luke replied.

"You have a sock on your shoulder," Lorelai pointed out. "Is it helping you look?"

Luke asked, "What are you doing up here?"

"Rory and I are starving," Lorelai said. "We need you to cook us breakfast."

"You don't need him to do anything," Liberty said. "That's why Caesar is the one making food."

"Yeah, but he can't make the pancakes fluffy like Luke can," Lorelai said, coming into the apartment since Luke motioned for her to come in. "Oh my god. What happened to this place?"

"It's what it looks like when you have a third person living here," Liberty told her.

"Nothing happened," Luke said.

"This is what I always pictured the inside of my head to look like," Lorelai said.

Yeah, and probably some pop song playing in the background for bonus points.

"See if you can find a brown leather ledger," Luke told Lorelai.

"I've never seen so much stuff," Lorelai said. "It looks like a white trash Hearst Castle in here."

"On second thought, I have these kids to help me find it," Luke said to Lorelai.

Lorelai clearly didn't get the hint to leave, "Where's all this come from?"

"Jess," Luke said. "Liz shipped the rest of his stuff last week. He finally unpacked."

"Well, he did a very nice job," Lorelai said sarcastically.

"I know it's crazy now, but we just have to get it all organized, figure out where to put everything, but another dresser, a portable wardrobe, some storage bins..."

"Can of gasoline, box of matches," Lorelai joked.

"Order eggs or an omelet or french toast," Liberty snapped at Lorelai, because she wasn't even helping.

"No!" Lorelai said, horrified at the thought. "See, I had a near death experience today."

"Nearly falling off the roof is not a near death experience since you weren't anywhere near death and you didn't actually fall off the roof," Thea told Lorelai, growing annoyed with Lorelai's sense of entitlement.