𝟎𝟕: 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬

Thea followed Jocelyn's idea and stayed out of the house, leaving early in the morning to avoid Lorelai and returning when it was late. A few times she slept over at her friends' homes. She knew that she was just avoiding Lorelai and Rory, but she'd rather not have another 'talk' with Lorelai again. She was sure that eventually Lorelai will focus on Rory once again and forget all about Thea, just like before. 

She never really fought with her mother because Lorelai never really bothered getting involved in Thea's life, so fighting was a non-issue between them; even Rory and Lorelai had their spats and like Thea said 'they were practically the same person'.

She mostly stayed with Georgia and Liberty at their homes, sometimes she went to Aiden's and Sage's home, although she suspected Sookie had called Lorelai to tell her about Thea showing up. Luke probably gave Lorelai a bit of a head's up, even though Thea was sure that Lorelai wouldn't care if she died in a ditch.

She had to tell herself that it was just two more years before she can leave her hell and her sanctuary behind.

She stopped attending the Friday Night Dinners, so if Emily and Richard were bothered by it, she wouldn't know and she didn't care.

Her friends never brought Lorelai and Rory up which was fine with Thea.

Thea had taken to making out with Sage and Aiden in view of everyone all over town because she could and to show that she had chose both boys, not one. However, it seemed like it had been a shock that the sister of the golden girl was a dirty whore. Thea didn't care if she was called that behind her back or to her face, because she was counting down the days to leave the stupid town behind.

Before she knew it, a month had passed since the argument. She didn't know if Lorelai and Rory were bothered by her not talking to them, and she didn't care. They weren't family.

So, she sat in Luke's diner with Georgia, Aiden, and Sage, trying to get food, but Taylor Doose was busy keeping Luke and Liberty from their jobs.

"You need to decorate because every other store in town has fall decorations," Taylor was saying.

"Hoorah for the mob mentality," Luke replied.

"We're talking a few streamers and a paper turkey," Taylor was saying. "How's it gonna hurt to have a paper turkey?"

Liberty replied scathingly, "You mean a paper turkey that white people murdered Natives over just for everyone to celebrate a massacre? No thanks."

Luke nodded, "When she's got a point, she's got a point. We won't have a turkey, squash, or pumpkins. Nothing colored orange."

"Okay, you don't like orange," Taylor replied. "That's fine. Autumn has many varied hues to toy with."

Lorelai said, "Excuse me, can we get some coffee please?"

"And a muffin," Rory added.

Thea almost twitched at the sight of Lorelai and Rory. Maybe whatever bridge that Lorelai and Thea had had burned completely down. She wasn't sure. Lorelai not paying attention to her wasn't unusual.

Lorelai added, "Warmed?"

"This is the Autumn Festival," Taylor told Luke and Liberty. "Your shop is right across the street from the Horn of Plenty! You're right smack dap in the middle of everything. You have to decorate."

"We have no obligation to do just that," Liberty said. "There's no handbook that has that as a rule." She poured her friends some orange juice.

"Yeah," Luke replied. "We don't have to do anything but serve food."