𝟎𝟗: 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐢𝐞

The substitute taking over Mrs. Landry's position was creepy. No – Ms. Collins wasn't a sexual creep, but she was weird. She wore a black ren faire cloak, which Thea thought looked cool and made her want one too.

 She wore a black ren faire cloak, which Thea thought looked cool and made her want one too

The first thing Ms. Collins said to Thea was, "You have beautiful eyes, can I have them for my collection?"

And then once, Ms. Collins was showing them a math problem and without turning around, said, "Neil, if you poke Noella in the neck with your pencil, I'm sending you straight down to the principal's office." Then she continued and turned around, throwing the chalk at Neil, hitting him in the face with it, yelling, "That's it! Principal's office! Now!"

Neil took his stuff, left, grumbling something. Then Ms. Collins continued on with her lesson.

Sure, it was cool and funny and all, considering how she knew that and all, but then she perched on the desk, as in, crouching down on the edge of the desk like a vulture and staring at the class unblinkingly while they took a test which was just creepy.

Then she took them all on an impromptu field trip to the cemetery to write down the names and birth- and death- dates of twenty kids, twenty adults, and twenty infants for some reason. It was a pretty weird project, but Thea, oddly enough, kind of enjoyed it. It was assumed that Ms. Collins had a very important phone call to make during school hours and instead of making them take a test, she just had them go to the cemetery and turned them loose.

Some guys had gotten into an argument, with one saying, "Go away! This is my grave!"

"Hey! You came over here!" the other argued.

Then Ms. Collins appeared over to them, "Not arguing in front of the resting spots of the deceased, are we boys?"

"N-no, Ms. Collins," one said and took off because tiny 5'1 Ms. Collins just glared them down.

Then a girl yelped four rows over and Ms. Collins suddenly appeared over there because the woman must've teleported to get over there so fast.

Then Ms. Collins put porcelain dolls on the desk or on the windowsills to 'watch over the class' which was strange.

Once, when it was extremely windy, Ms. Collins opened the windows a bit and paused the class so they could listen to the 'screams of the damned'.

Another time, she once stopped a class and said, "Look at the crow. What's it doing?" She hopped a little, "It's walking like this—" She hopped a little. "So weird." Then she continued her lesson like nothing happened.

Honestly, she was probably the best and coolest teacher that Thea ever had.