𝟏𝟔: 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

A/N: I sincerely apologize for the short chapter.

Since Luke's uncle Louie passed away, he was busy trying to get funeral preparations done while Liberty and her friends, Sage, Aiden, Thea, Todd, and Georgia tried to help around the diner since Luke was busy on the phone

Caesar wasn't in so Sage and occasionally Thea were the ones making food. Liberty knew how to make the coffee and Georgia had gotten annoyed and practically dragged Jess down the stairs by his ear just to get him to help out.

So, Thea was sure that things were running pretty smoothly. She was sure that even Luke was kind of impressed by how things were running while he was busy on the phone, even though Luke didn't show it.

Kirk said, "Can I get more coffee? But I want three-fourth decaf and one-fourth caffeinated this time."

Aiden looked at Kirk, "I don't work at Starbucks. You take what I give you."

Georgia smacked Aiden upside the head, "Don't be a dick." She went to give Kirk his 'proper' ordered coffee.

"This is a diner, not Starbucks," Aiden told her.

Lorelai and Rory came in and went to the counter.

"I see you decided to get a full wait-staff this time," Lorelai joked.

"Hey, I need more coffee," a man told them.

"You can say please," Georgia snapped. "It won't hurt you."

"Georgia," Luke admonished for being rude to the customers. Georgia gave him a cheeky smile in return.

Apparently they were supposed to grin and bear it, even though they'd make you want to dump their food on their heads for being rude.

Aiden went over to Lorelai and Rory, "All right, order quick because I'm running out of patience."

Sage came out of the kitchen holding an order slip. "Who's the nitwit that wrote down 'bugget' because I'm not trying to decode what the hell you're spelling?"

Luke looked like he really wanted to throttle all of them because apparently his diner was now being waited on by a circus.

"It's baguette," Liberty told him. "And that was from Jess."

"I oughta punch you for making me stand there for five minutes trying to figure out what it said," Sage told Jess.

"Punch me behind the diner later," Jess replied.

"You got it," Sage told him and went back to the kitchen.

Lorelai looked at Aiden, "Sage is cooking the food?"

"Besides Thea, he's the only other one who can cook in a very short amount of time," Aiden said. "Now order."

Lorelai stuttered before relaying her order and Rory did the same, just without the stuttering.

Lorelai and Rory decided that they were going to help at the diner while Luke dealt with the funeral preparations

In a way, it was kind of good that they decided to help, but Thea had to help cook food with Sage because the lunch rush came in and she didn't want to overwhelm him.

Lorelai took the 'Diner Lingo' approach, thinking she was in a roadside diner from the fifties to yell 'lingo' at them.

"Adam and Eve on a raft and wreck 'em," Lorelai yelled at them.

Thea was confused, "You want what?" She can tell that Lorelai rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Scrambled eggs on toast," Lorelai told her. "You need to brush up on your diner lingo."

"That's for roadside diners," Thea said. "This is a town diner where it's unnecessary." 

"Babe, please go make the toast," Sage told her, cracking open a few eggs.

Thea went to make the toast.

Aiden came into the kitchen, "Okay, I think Doose is on the verge of a mental breakdown because he was muttering turnips under his breath and now he's wondering about why Miss Patty is eating so much fruit."

Sage asked him, "Think you can get him to spiral even more by going over to his table saying 'brussel sprouts' repeatedly under your breath?"

Thea and Aiden laughed.

"Yo, burn one, then pass me a pink stick and throw some mud on it!" yelled Lorelai.

Aiden looked extremely confused, "What is she talking about?"

"Wish I knew," Thea replied.

"Hamburger with strawberry ice cream and chocolate syrup on it," Lorelai told them, sounding agitated that they didn't know what she was talking about.

Taylor held a town meeting because he wanted to get rid of the proprietor of the farmer's market that had put his business across the street from Doose's Market

Taylor held a town meeting because he wanted to get rid of the proprietor of the farmer's market that had put his business across the street from Doose's Market. Thea supported the guy because he was messing with Doose.

Only it turned out the proprietor took it down so he could travel to Israel.

Sage told Thea that Sookie, thanks to Lorelai (that wasn't sarcastic), had called off whatever preparations that Emily was doing for Sookie's and Jackson's weddings, so they won't end up in crippling debt. And whatever wedding plans that they had made were back.After that, Miss Patty had decided to host the wake in Luke's Diner. She had called Jess since Liberty went with Luke to the cemetery.

The wake wasn't for Louie, but for Luke, because the townspeople cared about Luke, not Louie and it was important to Luke.