𝟎𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

There was a delivery man with a wedding gift on the front porch when Thea got downstairs. Sookie had shown up to make food for Lorelai because it was Lorelai and cooking just wasn't her speed. Sage had tagged along because seeing Thea made him happy.

Lorelai had gone to get some movies because it was a Movie Night for her and Rory. So Thea brought in the package, it was decorated with white paper, so it was a wedding gift. Although, she had a feeling that it was from Emily, who still sent the gift regardless of the fact that she knew that the wedding had been called off.

Sage had come over to peer over Thea's shoulder at the gift, "What's that?"

"It's a gift for my mother," Thea told him.

Sage grabbed at the ribbon, "It looks like a wedding gift."

"It is," Thea said, putting the gift on the table.

Rory came out of her room, "What's that?"

"A wedding gift for Mom," Thea said.

Rory went to look at the gift, "It doesn't say who it's from."

"Probably Grandma," Thea said.

"She said she was going to send it back, though," Rory said.

"It could be from Max's parents," Sage said.

Thea asked him, "Why would they send the woman, who called off the engagement with their son, a present?"

Sage asked, "You never sent gifts to your enemies just to trip them out?"

Rory was confused, "Who did you make your 'enemy'?"

"You'll be surprised," Sookie told her and Sage nodded.

Honestly, with the friends that Thea had, she probably wouldn't be surprised.

"It's also an indirect threat, 'I know where you live'," Sage added.

Rory asked, "But who did you make your enemy again?"

"I don't lose sleep over it, so you shouldn't either," Sookie told Rory as she messed with the boiler that she accidentally broke.

"It's probably for the best," Sage added.

"I'm back!" called Lorelai.

Rory called back, "Kitchen!" She and Sookie moved to stand in front of the table to hide the present behind their backs. Sage chose to lift Thea onto the counter to kiss her.

"Hello," Lorelai said, coming into the kitchen.

"Hi," Sookie greeted.

"Hi Mom," Rory said.

Lorelai looked at the couple that was currently making out, "Break it up you two."

Sage pulled away and Thea almost rolled her eyes, because of course she would. But then again, sometimes their makeouts usually lead to them wearing far less clothing.

Lorelai asked Sookie, "What'd you break?"

"Nothing," Sookie said. "Well, the broiler, but this came for you and Max." She and Rory moved apart to show the gift.

"We're thinking it's a wedding present," Rory said.

"Huh. Mmm," Lorelai went to look at the tag, "'Lorelai Gilmore and Max Medina.' Well, I guess news doesn't always travel fast."