𝟎𝟔: 𝐏𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

After another Friday night dinner, this time Emily had asked Thea, "Why can't you be more like Rory?" Thea felt like dying inside, but Emily had said that they can go around picking things out that they would like for Emily and Richard to leave in their wills.

Thea put a post-it on Richard's Georgian desk, Richard had given her a smile, and Thea knew that he would've preferred it if Rory had gotten to it first.

Then after that, they were loaded in the car and headed back to Stars Hollow.

Lorelai asked, "So, how would you like two parties this year?"

"You couldn't get her to cave," Rory accused.

"No, but she did agree to make the string quartet learn Like a Virgin," Lorelai said.

"Well, you tried," Rory replied.

"Sweetie, I promise, Saturday night we'll do it up right at home." Lorelai said, "A Stars Hollow extravaganza."

And Thea will be out of the house, pretending that she doesn't exist to them.

Rory asked, "So, is this party Grandma's having going to be a big deal?"

Knowing Emily, yes, yes it would be, because it's Rory.

"Not really," responded Lorelai. "The government will close that day. Flags will fly at half-mast. Barbra Streisand will give her final concert...again."

"Uh-huh," Rory replied.

"Now, the Pope has previous plans, but he's trying to get out of them," Lorelai continued. "However, Elvis and Jim Morrison are coming and they're bringing chips."

"You ask a simple question..." Rory muttered.

"I can't make it to our planned birthday on Friday because my grandmother has planned on giving Rory a party that day," Thea stated

"I can't make it to our planned birthday on Friday because my grandmother has planned on giving Rory a party that day," Thea stated. She knew that it was Rory's party, not hers.

Once, Lorelai handed Thea some money and told her to go take Rory to see a movie while Lorelai set up for Rory's party.

"Well, afterwards then," Georgia said with a shrug. "After that head over to Aiden's house because his aunt and uncle will be gone that night. My mom has to work early in the morning and I don't want us to keep her up."

In a way, Thea wondered what lavish present that Rory was getting and what second-hand present she was going to get, because her grandparents, mother, and sister didn't know her.

"Okay," Thea replied, "Sounds good. Although on Saturday, my mom is throwing Rory a second birthday."

Sage groaned, "Great. I'll be forced to attend that."

Thea asked, "How do you think I feel? I have to watch it."

"Good, we'll be miserable together," Sage stated, kissing Thea on the cheek.