𝟏𝟔: 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐥

"Babe, hey," Sage was shaking Thea awake.

It was dark out and Thea looked over at him, "What is it?"

"Okay," Sage started. "Wouldn't it be more terrifying to have frogs running instead of hopping? Like you just turned around and saw this little frog just hauling ass right at you?"

Thea had to lean up a little to look at the alarm clock and flopped down, "It's three in the morning. What are you doing up so early? Go back to bed." She pulled the blanket up and Sage wrapped one arm around her to spoon her.

Thea closed her eyes and tried to imagine a frog running at her. She opened her eyes in horror because Sage had gotten to her.

 She opened her eyes in horror because Sage had gotten to her

"So, my mom's pregnant," Sage said. 

They were sitting in Luke's at the counter, like usual.

"That's great," Liberty said. "At least my half-sister could become friends with your half-sibling."

"More half-siblings, yay," Sage said. "Just what I always wanted, to be a big brother at eighteen."

"If only you were female, then you could join the club," Liberty said. "But I guess I can remove the female requirement and let you join. Thea's president and I'm vice president."

Thea asked, "So, your mom's pregnant?"

"Yeah, last week she was throwing up. And yesterday she made something that tasted like what the inside of a dumpster would taste like," Sage said. "So I said that to her and she got upset because she thought it tasted just fine and then she got all emotional because I got a college rejection letter and she said she knew that she should've pushed me to do better in gym. I told her that I got two acceptance letters so one isn't that bad. And then she went to get some pregnancy tests. I think she's in denial right now because when she was pregnant with me, she despised me."

Georgia asked, "Couldn't she just get an abortion?"

"If I suggested that, she would've slapped me," Sage said. "I think she'll come around to the idea of her and Jackson raising a kid together while I'm gone. She's just in denial right now. So, try not to mention it around her or Lorelai."

"All right," Aiden said.

Luke passed them menus.

Todd looked at his menu, "Wow. These are new."

"Yeah," Thea replied, looking at hers. "These are nice."

"Really nice," Georgia agreed.

"You got rid of the Monte Cristo and added two salads," Sage said.

"Well, Rachel talked to me about getting rid of some of the more obsolete items and adding a few more healthier choices," Luke replied. "So, I got new menus."

"Man, Lorelai's gonna bitch at you about it," Georgia said.

As if to prove her point, Luke went over to Lorelai, Rory, and Lane's table.