𝟏𝟕: 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

A/N: The face-claim to Mei Lynch is Anna Cathcart:

There was another excruciating Friday Night Dinner, but this time, it was painful because they were waiting for Richard to arrive, which meant that they couldn't eat

There was another excruciating Friday Night Dinner, but this time, it was painful because they were waiting for Richard to arrive, which meant that they couldn't eat. Richard was with his new (actually antique) car.

"Mom," Lorelai tried.

"No," Emily replied.

"We're starving," Lorelai said, speaking for her and Rory.

"We're waiting for your father," Emily told her.

"It's gonna get cold," Lorelai said.

"We are waiting for your father," Emily repeated.

"We've been waiting forever," Lorelai whined.

"We have not been waiting forever," Emily told her.

"Forever," Lorelai said. "Godot was just here. He said, 'I ain't waiting for Richard,' grabbed a roll and left. It's been forever."

"When we gather as a family, we eat as a family. We don't eat in shifts – you know that and Richard certainly knows that," Emily explained.

Rory asked, "When did he get that antique car anyhow?"

"A couple of horrible weeks ago," Emily answered.

Lorelai asked, "What happened to the oil painting hobby of his?"

"Ah, you know your father. When he couldn't foresee rivaling Cezanne, he lost interest so he bought that car," Emily explained. She realized that Lorelai was eating something from her purse, "Lorelai!"

Lorelai spat out the candy she had tried to eat, "Mom, it's not dinner. It's just my private stash."

"It's eating and we're not eating," Emily stated firmly.

"You know, you're bound by the rules of the Geneva Convention, Mother, just like everyone else," Lorelai said. Richard walked in wearing mechanics coveralls. "Hey, no one told me it was casual Friday."

"Hello everyone," Richard greeted. "You haven't started?"

"Of course we haven't started, we were waiting for you," Emily told him. "I thought you were almost done."