𝟏𝟔: 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫-𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬

Thea and her friends walked to school together, although when Thea spotted Jackson, she passed him a note that had Sage's favorite bands on it. Jackson smiled, thanked her and took off, presumably to go flirt with Sookie.

Aiden asked, "What did you give him?"

Thea shrugged, "He wants to get to know Sage better and he asked me what Sage's favorite bands are. He thought it would break the awkwardness."

"That explains why he tried to talk to me about the current book I was reading," Sage said.

Georgia asked, "What's with the awkwardness around him anyway?"

Sage looked uncomfortable, "My mom forgot I was home and she invited Jackson over. I left through my bedroom window and went to Aiden's house and pretended like I just came home like five hours later. I can never unhear that."

Liberty asked, "Your bedroom window? Wouldn't the door have been easier to leave through?"

"If you heard your dad having sex with someone, the window is way more dramatic to leave through when you take off," Sage told her.

It was true, the window did seem much more dramatic. 

They continued on, although Aiden and Sage seemed to linger behind, which made Thea slow down out of confusion for why they slowed down. Lane, Todd, Liberty, and Georgia continued on. Lane and Todd were discussing something, probably black metal, since Lane was kind of into that genre at the moment, probably because she never heard of that genre before. Liberty and Georgia discussed whatever.

Thea asked her two boyfriends, "What's up?"

Aiden asked, "Will you go to the Firelight Festival with us?"

"Of course," Thea said. "I can try to wiggle out of the stupid Friday Night Dinner to go with you."

Sage smiled and Aiden kissed Thea on the cheek, "Thanks."

Thea was helping Fran bake stuff for the Firelight Festival

Thea was helping Fran bake stuff for the Firelight Festival. They were cutting the sugar cookies into star and candlestick shapes.

Thea wasn't sure if it was appropriate to ask Fran to teach her how to manage the bakery if Fran ever passes on.

Fran passing away was a fear that Thea didn't want to dwell on or think about. Fran was still young.

Fran asked, "What's wrong, my dear?"

"I want to learn how to manage the bakery one day," Thea told her.

Fran seemed to mull it over, "I'm not sure if I should feel flattered that you want to take over one day or threatened that you've been planning my death."

"Sorry," Thea said. "We both know that you're not going to die. You'll stare Death down and he'll be like, 'sorry, wrong Fran Weston' and leave."

Fran chuckled, "You're a ball of sunshine."