Are We Safe?

*Aria's POV*

"Is Spencer out yet?" I asked Toby. He just shook his head.

"She's much better, though. Still a little deprived of nutrients but she'll work through it. She's strong," he said.

"Well, Alison won't hold off the meeting much longer. We're all a little afraid of not being ready for Charles when he comes for us," I said.

"Spencer has to be there," Toby said, shaking his head at me.

"Well, why can't we all meet in her hospital room?" I asked him.

"They wont let that many people in there at once. I'm sorry, Aria. It just won't work," Toby said.

"Then we need to start self defense at least. After we start that, we can plan out strategy with Spencer," I said. My phone buzzed. That little knot appeared whenever I got a text. I was just hoping it wasn't A. But it was.

Better start self defense soon. The dolls may be lost now, but they will always return to their dollhouse. -A

"What is it, Aria?" Toby asked.

"A," I said simply. He walked around the island in Spencer's kitchen to look at my phone.

"What the hell?" He said.

"I can't go back there, Toby. We have to have this meeting now, whether Spencer's there, or not. I'm calling Alison. I'm telling her we're not holding it off any longer," I said. I had felt the blood draining from my face. I needed Ezra right now.

"Fine. We'll have a meeting tonight. We'll start shooting guns tomorrow and doing karate or something. Through the police you don't have to worry about paying for it. I'm sick of A," Toby said, grabbing his jacket and walking out of the house.