Questioning

*Aria's POV*

"Hello, Aria. Are you ready to begin?" Tanner asked me.

"Why are you questioning us right now? Shouldn't we get a break?" I asked her.

"I need to have a few statements to take back to the station. Clearly, I won't be questioning people in fragile states of mind or body, such as Alison or Spencer, but I do need statements," Tanner said.

"Fine. Whatever. But just so you know, I'm not in the best state of mind either. One of my best friends was just shot," I said.

"I'm aware. Now, will you please tell me in your own words what happened?" Tanner asked.

"Well, we were all giving toasts. Like you normally do at weddings. Charles went up to make one, but we all thought he was Jason. Then he shot Mr. DiLaurentis, everyone ran, Toby went after him, Spencer jumped in front of a bullet meant for Toby. Then..." I trailed off, not knowing if I was supposed to mention Hanna shooting Charles.

"Please finish, Miss Montgomery. Hanna has already told me everything, so you don't need to worry about throwing her under the bus," Tanner said, hinting that Hanna had already said everything.

"Then, Hanna shot Charles. But it was purely self defense. Charles would have killed someone else if she hadn't stepped in," I said.

"I know, Aria. She's not getting in any trouble," Tanner said.

"Am I done, now?" I said.

"Of course. Please bring Emily for me," Tanner said. I nodded and walked out.

"Emily, Tanner wants to talk to you. Tell the truth. Hanna and I both did," I said, then making my way over to Ezra. He kissed me.

"Thank god you're not hurt. I know this is bad, but while everything was unfolding, I kept thinking, thank god it was Spencer and not Aria," he said.

"I know what you mean. I was praying that you were safe and as long as you were, everything else would be ok," I said.

"They took Spencer to the hospital. Toby and her parents went with her in the ambulence. I'll drive you there whenever you're ready. But she's still in surgery. Toby's been texting me with updates. So you can stay here as long as you like," Ezra said.

"I think I'll stay for a while. The hospital will just make me depressed," I said, wrapping my arms around his waist. He did the same, and we just stood there, watching as the police took Charles's body out in a body bag.