< 1 >

[ Namyi University Hospital ]

"Mr. Park, a surgery in OR two will start in 3 minute!"

"got that"

The surgeon reply calmly to his team assistant as he rush to the Operation Room to get ready for the surgery.

Park Sunghoon.

A Neurosurgeon in Namyi University Hospital.

He is one of the best surgeon in the state, which is Gangwon. He have a total of 4 years experience as a surgeon yet receive a lot of award and acknowledgement by the provinces population and even the government itself.

"Park Sunghoon you better do well this time too"

a girl utter before the guy can enter the operation room himself, making him turn around and face a very familiar girl to him.

Oh Hanbyeol.

A Neurologist in Namyi University Hospital.

They have been closed ever since, they attend the same middle school, high school, even university until they receive their doctorate degree.

simply can be conclude that they have been friends for about 18 years and more to go. They have seen each other sides that only can be drawn out by each other.

"excuse you"

"i never disappoints, byeol"

Sunghoon reply as they both smirk before he make his way into the room and prepare himself.

-----------------------------

"how do I say this?"

"he's not a playboy, he's just never have been taking a relationship seriously"

"which is why I lost count of his ex-girlfriends"

Hanbyeol explain to one of their colleagues, Yoon Yuri, who just told her that she have feelings for the said guy.

Hanbyeol is right, Sunghoon don't cheat, but he don't take his girl seriously. He date for fun, to fill the gaps between his free time from working, he really didn't have a thought on getting married with any of them.

he's a redflag, a total red flag, Hanbyeol would say.

but his face cards will never be declined. He could easily pick up a girl out of nowhere and she's willing to date him right away. Hanbyeol couldn't deny that but she never even once thought about him being more than friends with her.

They behave opposite of each other.

Oh Hanbyeol is all about working. Day and Night, she would spend all her time on analysis her patient case even after working hour. She is amaze on how Sunghoon can keep up his performance while enjoying too much of his life.

One thing she like about Sunghoon is that, he never drag her into his mess. He will always tell her about what happen in any party or pub he went to but never even mention on how she should try them someday. He respect her points and space, same goes to the girl.

-----------------------------

"here, a copy of the patient scan diagnosis"

a guy entered Hanbyeol office and hand her a file.

"MRI for Lee Jieun, right?"

Hanbyeol ask making him nod as he take a seat across the table while the girl scanning the result.

"it's certainly a tumor, but I'm not sure if it cancerous"

Kim Sunoo, 

A Radiologist in Namyi University Hospital.

Hanbyeol nod hearing the guy explanations before closing the file and place it on her table before turning to her computer screen.

"then I shall move her to Jimin for further speculation"

"she will be under his watch from now on, I'll talk to him"

Hanbyeol utter making the latter nod.

Goo Jimin.

An Oncologist in Namyi University Hospital.

"by the way"

"what time does Sunghoon end his surgery?"

the latter ask making her turn to him, humming as she calculate how much time has pass since he enter the operation room.

"it has been 3 hours, pretty sure it will end by the next 40 minute or so"

She answered making the latter nod. If Hanbyeol and Sunghoon have been friends for 18 years, Sunoo and hers should be 10 years. They all studied and graduated from Seoul National University, and met Sunoo after he and Sunghoon become a roommate on their very first semester.

they're all now in their 30's by now, they got their very first job after 10 years of living in campus life which could be said a chaos. Their study life has end, but love life? is have yet to start, and they're at the age of where their family members are urging them to get married.