BONUS PART II - gift

[ 22th Dec 2026 | Namyi University Hospital ]

"what is it?what's wrong?" Sunghoon asked as Hanbyeol push him away as he came closer to give his wife a hug. "I just don't feel like it" Hanbyeol utter making Sunghoon confuse, Hanbyeol refusing his affection is nothing new but she seems to be out of the mood today.

"alright, I'll get going, I'll see you at home" Sunghoon reply as he smile, walking towards the office door and bid her a goodbye before closing them. Sunghoon have a sudden surgery after one of his patients complications has worsen overnight so Hanbyeol has to drive home alone. that's what makes Hanbyeol upset as it means she will have to eat the dinner alone for the night.

She don't usually get upset over these things as she understands how Sunghoon works suppose to be but she feel a little upset today. She often got mood swings for the past days of the weeks too, she is even upset over Sunghoon for not wanting to try her perfume on him to make him smell like her. It have been almost two weeks since she got her last period so it means she is getting one soon but her emotions have been unstable than ever.

Hanbyeol let out a last sigh before she reach for her things and walk out of her office to go home. Sunghoon asked her to drive his car home and he will just get home with one of his teammates as he recently moved near their residential. Hanbyeol get into the basement parking and drive the car out of the building and went straight home to cook for dinner.

Since she's not in a very good mood, she decide to go with a simple meal which is Stir-Fried Udon as Sunghoon have been wanting to eat them since last week but they don't have much time to eat out. Hanbyeol was stir frying all the ingredients before she start to sneeze for a few times which surprise herself, she knew it's not cold but it's caused by the smell of the food itself.

"the fuck..?" Hanbyeol utter as she rub her nose as it feel slightly itchy as she pour the udon to the stir fried ingredients before sneezing a few times again which make her head feel a little light heeaded. "what's wrong with me?" she utter in frustration as she lightly rub her upper chest as she stars to feel nauseous.

she then walk towards the water dispenser to take a warm water to drink to make the feeling go away but it doesn't seems to work making her rush to the sink and ended up throwing up. she wash her face as she continue to feel confused before something hit her, "no..I can't be..right?" Hanbyeol questioned in disbelief. She turn off the stove before rushing into the living room and grab Sunghoon's car keys and walk out of the house again.

------------------------------

"shit" Hanbyeol curse as she stare at the result of her pregnancy test which come out with a double line. It's a good thing, the reason of why she's worried is because she had drinks yesterday night. She drank a canned soda for the lunch too. She has been doing things that could harm the new living life inside her for the past three to four days.