< 25 >

[ Yui Café | 7PM ]

[ Yui Café | 7PM ]

"How's things with Mr Park?"

Hanbyeol about to exit the bathroom stall but the conversation make her stop. She back away from the door, take out her phone to record the conversation and continue to listen to the two talking.

"Sunghoon? He's okay, the fact that he's being serious in our relationship is funny" She heard a familiar voice reply making her scoff quietly as she roll her eyes.

Kim Yura, the Child Specialist Of Gawon Clinic.

Sunghoon's girlfriend.

"I'm just testing the water but I guess I looked genuinely in love with him" She reply making Hanbyeol heart boils in angers and despise. The thoughts of her best friend getting played on definitely doesn't sit right, thus, when she have seen how he is deeply involved in the current relationship.

"but he seriously looks so good to be true, the fact that he is loaded with money make it better" She continue and giggle, same goes to her friend. "wait-doesn't he have like a girl best friend?have you met her?" Her friend asked.

"I have, Sunghoon always goes around with her. I bet she's sticking with him because of his wealth too"

"She looked like a decent, peasant girl who work in an office, probably not his match. I doubt he met her through café or something"

"Sunghoon often lend her his car and so on.She might look nice but we shouldn't judge by face right?"

"I saw her earlier with a guy, they looked close, the guy wear a white coat, she must be obsessed with medical officers"

Yura answers is Hanbyeol's last strike making her opened the cubicle door, calmly exiting the stall and walk to the sink to wash her hand making the two girl surprised.

"If you don't want him, leave him, don't be pathetic" Hanbyeol utter as she lift her head, looking at the two through the mirror as she turned off the water tap. "I've been with him since we're 13, he have gone through a lot of shits and I don't want him to go through another" She continue as she roll her eyes before walking pass the two.

"ah"

"and I'm a Neurologist"

"Namyi University Hospital Neurologist"

"know your place"

Hanbyeol utter before she exit the bathroom, furiously walk to Sunoo who is currently on his phone. He then lift his head up in confusion plastered on his face as he realize the girl is walking in rage. "let's go back to the office before I lost my mind" Hanbyeol utter as she snatch her ID on the table and walk away from the younger making him more confused.

"huh?Oh Hanbyeol-wait up" Sunoo reply as he gather all his things before stand up from his seat. He then see a familiar face coming out of the café bathroom, He look at the latter, definitely judging her before making his way out of the café, chasing the older.

Sunoo knew Yura's face, but she didn't knew his existence in Sunghoon's contacts. Sunoo isn't interested to let her know about him too.

"Isn't that Kim Yura? Sunghoon's gir-"

"definitely not his girlfriend, I'm going to give Sunghoon a whole lecture about her" Hanbyeol lash out making Sunoo lost his word. "what happened?" He asked as they walk into the hospital building.

Hanbyeol take out her phone from her pocket and stop the recording. "She's playing with him" Hanbyeol answer as she palm her face and sigh in frustration. "When Sunghoon decide to give his all, why did he met with this demon?" She utter while frowning before making her way into the elevator.

"I don't care if she talked shit about me but the audacity to play Sunghoon is too much" She continue as she scoff, "she act like she doesn't care about his wealth but she is just waiting to use them"She add, her tone increase by each words.

"why are you getting so emotional?" Sunoo questioned making her turn to him in disbelief. "because I don't want him to get hurt, he have give his all but she is a wrong one" Hanbyeol reply. "are you concern about what he'll feel as his best friend or you like him?" Sunoo asked making Hanbyeol goes silent.

"I don't like him more than a friend, I know my boundaries" She reply after a short silence, "if that's the case, it doesn't seem like it" the younger utter. "Don't you realize how much you care for him?How you'll rush to him even if he got a small cut on his face?Can't you see it?" He continue.

"It's nothing" She reply as she walk out of the elevator when it reach their floor, leaving the younger behind making him sigh before chasing her again. She knew it's something more than nothing but she doesn't have the courage to tell anyone that, even her own self.

"Hanbye-"

"after this" She cut Goo Jimin called upon her as she opened the door of Sunghoon's office and realize he is on a call, He lift his head up and becomes aware of the girl presence. "I'll call you back later" He utter before he end the call, Hanbyeol make her way to him but stop when he say something.

"Oh Hanbyeol, what did you do?"

Sunghoon questioned making the girl frown in confusion, "dinner with Kim Sunoo?" She utter but Sunghoon roll his eyes making her scoff in disbelief. "did you met Yura?" He asked making her smirk and scoff again. "byeo-" Hanbyeol shuts Sunoo who is now behind her.

"so that bitch called you?" She asked her back making Sunghoon eye squints, "what's your problem?She said you asked her to broke off with me" He answered making her chuckle sarcastically. "Yeah. Yes I did, but did she told you why?" She reply.

"Because she's not my match"

"Listen, even if you knew me the longest"

"you can't just get involved in my personal life"

"You can't control my life like you own it"

"you are no one"

"don't ruin my life"

He rants making Hanbyeol scoff in disbelief. It would be a lie if that doesn't hurt her, it hurts her in all possible way, it hurts more than any other things she have gone through.

"I'm..no one?" she repeated his word before let out another scoff. "I ruin your life?" she questioned as she look down on her feet before she lift her head again, to face the guy. She take a deep breath.

"I was there to fixed you when you lost a piece of you"

"I was there when you thought you're alone"

"I was there when everyone turned their back on you"

"and now I'm nothing just because of that twisted lie?"

"you trusted her before asking me if it's true"

"fine"

"If anything happen in the future"

"I hope she'll help you to fix it"

"as you won't seek for me anymore"

Hanbyeol rants, a tear fall from her eye as she turn away from him, "I'll not be available for a while" she hand Sunoo her phone, more like throwing it to him before she left the scene.

"what have you done?" Sunoo questioned the older in disbelief. "what?I'm right" Sunghoon answered making Sunoo roll his eyes. "choosing that 5 weeks relationship over an 18 years friendship? of course you're right" Sunoo reply before walking away from the guy office, leaving Sunghoon speechless.