< 35 >

[ Han River | 13th Nov | 8PM ]

Sunghoon take Hanbyeol out for dinner after work, He asked Hanbyeol to wait by the bus stop near the hospital before he came to pick her up with his car to avoid people knowing about their reconciliation and relationship. Hanbyeol then requested to take a quick walk along the river before going back home which the guy can't resist.

They're currently walking side by side, hand in hand, enjoying the night view of the river and park. Hanbyeol see a few teenagers who have their school uniforms hang around their body, unbuttoned, playing basketball, smiling and cheering for each other. "they look so happy.." Hanbyeol utter, catching Sunghoon's attention making him turn to where she's staring and see the happy teenagers making him smile too.

"we look like that when we're together" Sunghoon slip out making Hanbyeol turn to him with a wide smile but also having a knitted eyebrow before scoffing, "cheesy" Hanbyeol tease as she look to her front making the guy chuckle. "I'm worried about your dad.." Sunghoon utter making the girl turn back to him.

"it's scary, he never gets mad at me" he continue making the girl smile before intertwining their fingers with each other. "you just need to be yourself and apologise, okay? you have to admit your wrong doings, just like you did to me, he just wants that. nothing more" Hanbyeol assured the guy by caressing his hand with her thumbs.

Sunghoon lift their hand before pecking Hanbyeol's back of hands making her let out a small smile, unable to hold it in. Hanbyeol stop her step before giving him a peck on his cheeks making him stop too as he turn to her in confusion, "payback" Hanbyeol state making them both chuckle before continue to walk until they reach Sunghoon's car and he drop her off.

[ Namyi University Hospital | 8AM ]

"is Sunghoon still fights for you guys friendship?" Sunoo asked making Hanbyeol nod as she take a few medical records, preparing for her patients appointments that will start at 9 sharp. "he really want us back, don't you think it's almost time for us to treat him nicely?" Hanbyeol questioned as she put the files on her desk.

"I want to see him try more, his choice of words could've been better" Sunoo reply making the older smile and nod. "alright, a week, then we acknowledge his effort?" She asked for confirmation and get a nod from the guy. "ouh, and I'll be on leave on 16th, Dad asked me to be home" Hanbyeol continue, "what for?" Sunoo asked simply, "it's his birthday" Hanbyeol lied, her dad birthday is on the 1st of Disember, luckily Sunoo didn't know that.

"ah..alright, then" Sunoo reply, didn't feel suspicious at all which make Hanbyeol released a quiet, relief sigh. "but I heard Sunghoon is going to be on leave on 16th too" He continue making Hanbyeol turn to him in surprise, "what?" she let out making the younger nod, "why?" she asked, trying not too sound panic. "I don't heard that, I just happen to walk pass him while he is having a conversation with Haerin" Sunoo answer making Hanbyeol nod.

"I'll get going, I'll see you on lunch" Sunoo continue and Hanbyeol reply with a hum as she pick out a few more files. Sunoo then left the older to be alone in her office as she prepare all the things she need for the appointments, she then glance at the clock to check the remaining time she had left, 8:21AM, 39 minutes. Hanbyeol decided to go to the hospital staff pantry to make herself some warm tea.

------------------------------

Hanbyeol continue to stir the tea to make sure the sugar completely dissolved but then she gasp when she felt a hand slip around her waist, only to be welcomed by a voice, "good morning" Park Sunghoon, Hanbyeol then let out a sigh of relief before slapping his arm, "you don't need to surprise me like that" she complained making the guy giggle as he continue to hug the girl from behind.

"I suppose, we shouldn't be doing this at work Mr. Park" Hanbyeol utter, smiling making the guy scoff before he pull away. "I have a surgery scheduled at 10" He mutter as he stand beside her, admiring her profile. "really?I wish you a greatest good luck, you can do it, you can come find me after too, okay?" Hanbyeol reply, glancing at the guy while putting back the stencil she used at their place, making the guy nod.

"Byeol, can you look at me for a second?" Sunghoon requested which Hanbyeol quickly filled by turning her head towards his direction and get surprise with a kiss from the guy which eventually get deeper as Sunghoon pull her closer, slowly caressing the back of her head before he pull away and smile when he realize the girl is panting as she is almost out of breath from the kiss.

"thank you" he thanked making the girl confused, "for what?" she asked, "being my lucky charms" He whispered as he run his thumb over her lower lips, staring at it before lift his gaze back to her eyes making her smile softly, "your welcome, i guess? and I need to work, I'll see you tomorrow" Hanbyeol reply making him nod before watching the girl walk away.