< 21 >

[ 8th October | Gwangali Beach, Busan ]

"this feels so good" Hanbyeol utter as they search for a place to have a picnic. "there are not much people there, let's do it there" Her father say as he point on their left making the family nod, agreeing to his suggestion. "I'll go for a short walk" Hanbyeol oppose before parting ways with her family as she walk towards the seaside after taking off her shoes.

She then walk along the seaside, eventually see a few teenagers playing by the water, they're wearing a school uniform, high schoolers. Which meant they're ditching school but the fact that they're having fun, enjoying their lives at their fullest makes Hanbyeol feel certain comfort warmth in her heart as she smile widely to them.

She then see two of them playing by the water, joking around with each other, a girl and a boy. A vivid memory of her and Sunghoon enjoying their school holiday at the exact venue pops up in her mind makes her steps pace decreases as she slowly see it playing through the two teenagers.

she can see the teenage self of her and Sunghoon in them, smiling widely, laughing at every single joke they made, running around, chasing each other, playing push and pull by the water to see who'll get in the water first, but she stop as she see the boy leaning towards the girl forehead and plant a long kiss before pecking her cheeks.

Hanbyeol still imagining it was her and Sunghoon but then she shake the thoughts away in disbelief, "what's wrong with me?Byeol, wake up, this is not you" She muttered to herself before making her way back to her family members.

what's this feeling?

she feel good but also often get lost in her own thoughts. Hanbyeol didn't know what to feel about what she's experiencing, it feels weird. she feel good but bad, happy but tense. It is surely something she never go through for the past 31 years of living.

As the girl on the walk, her family have a small conversation about the okdest daughter of the family, "I hope she take this time to reflect her feelings" her mother utter. "about what?" the father questioned as he take a sip of his orange juice, "she like Sunghoon" She reply.

"she didn't know that?" her father asked making their second child shake his head, "noona obviously like Sunghoon hyung but both of them don't seem to realize it" Haemin adds. "do you think Sunghoon like her too?" the father questioned. "he do, he just feel like it's a mutual best friend feelings between them, so does Hanyeol" the mother answered.

------------------------------

[ Namyi University Hospital | 10AM ]

"what's wrong with you?" Sunoo asked as he move back and forth on the older swivel chair in her office. "what do you mean? I am totally fine" Hanbyeol answered, raising her left eyebrow in confusion making the younger sigh before shaking his head.

"No, something is definitely wrong. you look off these days" He reply making the girl shake her head as she continue to type out the patient analysis on her desktop. "I just haven't been able to rest well, there are too many work" Hanbyeol state.

"you said you visited the beach yesterday? you still feel off?" Sunoo questioned making Hanbyeol fingers stop and she leans against her chair, gradually turning to the younger before shaking her head. "I don't even know what's wrong with me, I need to know before I decide to do something with it but I don't know" Hanbyeol state.

"have Sunghoon been updating you with his dating journey?" Sunoo asked making the girl wonders before shaking her head but then tilt her head in confusion, "maybe?briefly, he said that it felt good, he now are able to imagined about his dream wedding ceremony" Hanbyeol answered making the younger nods.

"and how do you feel about that?" He asked more, "good? I mean he finally found his genuine source of happiness that he could treasure for life, I'm supposed to feel good about that, right?" Hanbyeol unconvincing tone making the younger smile. At this point, Oh Hanbyeol seems to gaslight herself without her realizing.

"you sure you feel good about him being serious with someone?" Sunoo asked again, while looking down to the older fingers which has been keeping fiddling around. "Yeah, why shouldn't I?" Hanbyeol answered.

"it just that"

"the fact that he is now isn't always available for my surprise plan making me feel unsure"

"I could asked you to go around together but our schedules barely match"

"so I feel..a little lonely?"

"Sunghoon is not someone I could call anytime anywhere anymore"

"He is living a new phase"

"now someone else is his first priority"

"so I'm not feeling like making plans as I'll be alone during it and it'll ended up boring"

Hanbyeol continue making the younger nod a few times. "you starting to like him don't you?" Sunoo questioned catch her off guard making her eyes widen as she look at the younger. "No, I'm really happy that he is happy" Hanbyeol reply, "I'm not supposed to like him more than a friend too, it'll be awkward" She continue. "your mentality" Sunoo mutter under his breath as he sigh.