< 22 >

[ Namyi University Hospital | 6PM ]

Hanbyeol sigh as she stand in front of the hospital lobby, watching the downpour that have been hindered her from going back home for a while now. She take out her phone to open the apps Weather only to find out that it's expected to rain heavily until 10PM today making her groan in frustration.

"Oh Hanbyeol-nim" Hanbyeol turn around upon hearing her name being called, and welcome by the sight of the Oncologist, Goo Jimin. "hey?" she hesitate making the older chuckle, "you're going home?" Jimin asked making her nod. "but the rain is falling hard" Hanbyeol utter.

"I can give you a ride home if you let me" He reply as he walk closer to the girl, now standing beside her. "I don't know,I can't ride the bus as I lost the card, I need to buy a new one" Hanbyeol explain. "then, I can just fetch you next morning. so what do you say?" Jimin question making Hanbyeol think deeply.

It's definitely better to accept the older offer than waiting there until midnight."alright, but promise don't be late" Hanbyeol answered making the guy chuckle before nodding, "I'm never late to work, let's go, BiU Residence right?" Jimin reply as he gesture her fo follow him.

------------------------------

"didn't Sunghoon shift will end around 7, why don't you wait for him?" Jimin asked as he start his car engine while Hanbyeol buckled her seatbelt. "he's taking his girlfriend out, I shouldn't bother him" Hanbyeol reply making the guy turn to her in surprise, "so he's actually in a relationship?" he questioned making the girl nod.

"but haven't I told you that before?" Hanbyeol asked making the guy nod,  "but he told me they broke up on the night you fetch him, and he told me that he don't really care about the relationship" Jimin reply, "so I don't expect him to be in one again" he continue making the girl smile. "but he is in a real one this time, he is really serious with her, he court her properly. I'm kinda proud of him, he looks so genuine that it makes me happy" Hanbyeol utter as she smile.

"really? are you? I noticed you're a little off these days" the older say making the girl smile drop, "do I look that distracted?" she asked, hesitation can be heard in her tone. "very, you seem to be really tense and off" Jimin answered. She didn't expect other people than Sunoo to see how tense she has been all week, even Sunghoon didn't say anything about it.

"do you have any problem in mind?you can share if you don't mind" The older oppose making the girl to look down. "it just...a hectic week, you know, patients are increasing, overloaded works, I have no time to rest properly. Even if I did, I feel too lonely as I was alone" Hanbyeol explain making the older nod in understanding.

"you sure it's not about something else?" Jimin asked making the girl to him in surprise, "pretty sure.. no?" she answer, sound unsure as she know that in fact it's not caused by the stress from work but she is trying to understand herself, trying to analyse what is she really felt upset with. Jimin take a last turn before arriving in front of the girl residential main gate, "are you getting off here or we're going in?" He asked, "I'm getting off here, thank you for the ride, see you tomorrow" Hanbyeol reply as she unbuckle her seatbelt as she smile to the older making him mirror her action.

-------------------------

[ BiU Residency | 8PM ]

Hanbyeol walk downstairs to make herself a cup of tea before her house doorbell rings stopping her step to the kitchen. She rush to the door and open it just to be welcomed by Sunghoon after a long time making her confused but she can't deny that she can feel a spark of happiness in her.

"why are you here?" Hanbyeol ask as she step away to let the guy come in. "I need help with something, am I bothering you?" Sunghoon questioned making the girl shake her head right away. "what's up?" Hanbyeol ask as they both sit on the couch, "Yura's birthday will be on 12th October and I don't know what to buy. Like, I have a few things in mind, but can you help me to choose?" He reply making the girl hum before nodding.

she feel like something is wrong, again. At this point, it's obvious that it's cause by the guy beside him but she's denying it. They're childhood friends, they have been together for a really long time, there shouldn't any further feelings involve in their friendship. that's what lingers in her mind since they were teenagers, but that doesn't seem to be something that she could avoid now.  The feelings grows wothout herself acknowledging it existence as she is too focus on the friendship.